Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

Non citizen can plan/finalize building in my perimeter

My alt (Archeree) had a role w/ full perms to my deed (Cornersville on Independence). He is not in my deed as a citizen. He is mayor of his own deed, which is in my alliance.

So I noticed he could plan/finalize buildings in my perimeter. So to test things, I removed his perms to build/plan buildings on my deed from his role. When I did that , he could immediately no longer plan a building on my deed.

But, he could still plan/finalize a building on my perimeter. So I completely removed his role from my deed. He could still plan a building in my perimeter. So I tried to re add his role, a new role w/ his name on it, but w/ no perms. He could still plan/finalize a building in my perimeter.

So I tried different things. I logged him out for lotime, logged myself out for lotime. I had him run way far away from my deed (several hundred tiles) and he could still plan/finalize buildings in my perimeter.

The next test it just to wait some hours - see if there is a lag effect for his role to get updated. I am doing this now. Will post result here.

Either way, I would think we prolly do not want toons who's roles have been deleted to be able to plan/finalize buildings on our perimeter.

Thanks your time,

Teeebomb

Post update : Six hours later, my alt (Archeree) still has no role on my deed (Cornersville on Indy) but can still build on that deeds perimeter.

Re Post update: Fifteen hours later, Mr Archeree can still plan/finalize a building in Cornersville perimeter. Alts can not be trusted.

Rere Post update: I used my other alt (who is a member of my deed (Cornersville)) to run around some local deeds. It turns out he could build/finalize in deed perimeters of one person in my alliance, but could not plan/finalize building in deeds not in my alliance.

So... whether this is a planned mechanic or an oops w/ the permissions is, I guess, the issue.

My thinking is thus: I do not want ally members to be able to plan/finalize buildings in my perimeter. I have no idea how many other invisible perms ally members get, but would be nice not to have any. I can create a role if I want someone to be able to build on my deed or perimeter.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
updated
  • Like 1

This is not a bug.

This is because the perimeter acts solely to block other deeds from being built immediately beside you.  You do not actually own those tiles as part of the deed so no permissions you set will stop anyone from building inside your perimeter.  The catch here is that once built, anything in your perimeter cannot be repaired.

The old saying deed it or lose it is just that, if you want someone to not have ability to build in a certain place, deed it.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I am not sure what the devs think about. In fact, the planner can never even start to create the building to my knowledge as well as s/he cannot repair existing ones. So a building plan just makes no sense. It seems to be an inconsistency at least if not a bug. And planned buildings directly at the doorstep of a deed can be considered harrassment, or at least open venues for.

Wiki says: The perimeter around a deed disallows non-citizens building structures, and the founding of other deeds.

I would like the devs having a look into that and comment.

Edit: @Teebomb : could your alt create the building, or only the plan?

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

This is not a bug.

I think this is a bug. My alt can not plan a building at a neighbor's deed perimeter, gets this msg in his event tab '[02:38:06] Deathly Hallows Harbour does not allow that.' It is normal to not be able to build a building on someone else's perimeter tile. But you can normally build fences there.

For some reason, my alt, once his role for Cornersville has been completely removed, can still start a building in Cornersville perimeter. I may be doing something wrong, but I got no idea what it is. I really believe my alt should not be able to start buildings in perimeter tiles once he has no role in that deed.

6 hours ago, Ekcin said:

could your alt create the building, or only the plan?

My alt could plan, and finalize a building in Cornersville perimeter. Did not try to add planks or nails. But this same alt, could not even plan a building in my neighbor's perimeter.

I will log on my alt here in a bit, see if he can still plan/finalized at Cornersville or not, add result to 1st post.

Interesting.  By chance, is your alt on your main's friend list?  Might be part of it, I know with the naggy bsb theft mechanic this plays a role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

is your alt on your main's friend list?

Nope. I thot he was, but he is not. Not on the Mayors friends list. Never was, apparently.

Are they a Alliance member?

I think that alliance members can build in perimeter.  I wont have access to test this. I just roughly remember that me newbies could build in the perimeter of my deed as non deed members but they where part of the alliance. 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I tested this Alliance all permissions unchecked , Personal role , build and plan building unchecked, not a villager.

Was able plan and finalize on perimeter , on the deed perimeter.

Was not able do this on a foreign deed perimeter.  Those settings above should be enough.

What else must be done ?

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2022 at 11:40 AM, Ohana said:

Are they a Alliance member?

Yes! He is in my alliance. I was not aware that being in my alliance gave invisible permissions.

If this is intended since he is in my alliance, then.. well that would open a can of wurms (lol) here. What other invisible ally perms are there? < is my main issue comes to mind this instant.

Other thing is, how do I prevent alliance members from building on my perimeter. I do not want this.

Now i'm trying to figure out how to test this. I guess just have some ally member come try to build on my perimeter. Oh, I can just send an alt, who a member of my deed, to my ally's perimeter. I will test this immediately, post on original post the results.

Thanks post here Ohana.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2022 at 2:42 AM, moogien said:

What else must be done ?

Oh! You tested this. Thanks!! Looks like we may have found a loop hole in deed permissions. This could be catastrophic in an alliance 2 members having issues w/ each other's perimeters when the ally capital guy is away from game an extended period.

I will re double re check this, add words to my original post to reflect.

Hey TeeeBOMB, can you have a look and let me know what your permissions are checked for on the Non-citizens role please. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2022 at 11:13 AM, Pomona said:

permissions are checked for on the Non-citizens role please

I always keep non citizens completely unchecked. I will double check this in game, as soon as I can log in. Will post it here this spot/edit.

Confirmed:

jo4vzv5.jpg

Also - I got an alt not in my deed or my alliance. That alt can not plan a building in my perimeter, gets this when he tries...

[10:44:37] This is within the perimeter of Cornersville.
[10:44:40] Cornersville does not allow that.

Apparently Allies can plan/finalize buildings in your perimeters the way things are right now.

Maybe we need another check box to allow or disallow allies from building on perimeter tiles?

This is my ally role perms window (in case it occurs to anyone to ask) ... all boxes unchecked..

uoDhzS6.jpg

Edited by TeeeBOMB
confirming