Sign in to follow this  
validate

skill milestones? in the wurm wiki

i've played over 10 years and still learning things.  but noticed that wurmpedia still doesn't have a lot of info on the main skill pages.  

even the mason skill page doesn't show 30 skill needed to build a house.  building a stone house page does.  I ask as i was having a hard time finding out what skill i needed to build a bulk container unit .  needs 50. 

I 'd love to see on fine carp skill page the skill milestones for each major level.  would help set goals for some of us,   i do see some items when you select just that item to look at has the start level and sometimes even the % chance at different levels  i love that.

I recall grinding on the new servers to fine car 40 so i can make a wagon.  i got it started but fail 70% of the time adding to it.  would be nice seeing at skill 40 can create. but 50 recommended to not fail so much. just community type info. most items are searchable. but not all.

i always like seeing milestones.  like grinding titles. 

• Like 2

Anyone can join the wiki and add things like that. I often stay logged in and add things like that as I notice them while looking up things for my game play. Some skill pages have the titles, while others were likely forgotten. Feel free to join in and give it some love.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 7:38 AM, validate said:

i got it started but fail 70% of the time adding to it.  would be nice seeing at skill 40 can create. but 50 recommended to not fail so much. just community type info

i wish this could happen but adding any "not objective" information like the recomendations you suggest goes against the current wiki rules, that is why all minimum skill to create xx item with 20ql tools etc was removed for example, any useful but "subjective" information is forbidden from going in main pages. if you try the info will be removed and your account may be banned.

any atempts to even internally discus this rules, why they exist and if changing them would be better just gets the response "this are the rules, because they are the rules!"

this and many other fantastic rules are the reason there are so few people who even bother to help with  the wiki and the reason i finally gave up on it a few weeks ago after having a wiki account since 2012 and having many arguments with wiki staff for years.

other than add the wiki editor and staff do most of the updating based on reports , so if you want something that is allowed by the rules to be added to the wiki you should report it or sign up and add it yourself.

Progression thread - please feel free to add milestones you feel are missing: 

• Like 1