Sign in to follow this  
John9992

5 Speed Hellhorses

Good day,

I recently had a 5 speed auction ruined because someone posted that the rare unbelievably fast trait does nothing for hell horses.  I believe this to be incorrect.  I tested this while riding (not hitched to a cart or wagon) with no shoes, no saddle or any other gear.  The 5 Speed Hell horse went 34.55 km/hr while a 4 speed hell horse went 29.53 km/hr on the same stretch of land.  Can anyone else check this?  I'm a little annoyed the person chose my auction to address, but let's solve it once and for all here.  Does the unbelievably fast trait increase speed for hell horses? I say yes!

Edited by John9992

1 hour ago, John9992 said:

Good day,

I recently had a 5 speed auction ruined because someone posted that the rare unbelievably fast trait does nothing for hell horses.  I believe this to be incorrect.  I tested this while riding (not hitched to a cart or wagon) with no shoes, no saddle or any other gear.  The 5 Speed Hell horse went 34.55 km/hr while a 4 speed hell horse went 29.53 km/hr on the same stretch of land.  Can anyone else check this?  I'm a little annoyed the person chose my auction to address, but let's solve it once and for all here.  Does the unbelievably fast trait increase speed for hell horses? I say yes!

I hate that discussion is allowed on auctions.

Any auction I've ever been too, you say anything but your bid, you are thrown out.

We've got a couple people that LOVE to troll the auctions.

I can confirm that a true 5 speed hell horse does indeed go faster then a 4 speed without the rare speed trait. I'm not aware of your auction, but sadly people like to put out misinformation pretty often. Now one thing to keep in mind, and again I don't know if it was said in your auction, but I know that 90% of people use hell horses for carts/wagons. In the the case of carts and wagons then no speed trait is going to matter, as only the draft traits work, so in that instance a 5 speed would not work for a hell horse, so there could have been some confusion on that point. Also concerning that, the extra boost for being molten does not matter for carts/wagons as it is a speed modifier and does not apply to draft horses when hitched. So all color drafts pull at the same speed.

• Like 2

Yes, a 5 speed hell horse is faster than a 4 speed.

The confusion for this is due to a misunderstanding of how speed (or draft) traits work, and the phrasing of the original patch notes, which is now posted to wiki: "Always on speed bonus similar to hell horses."

Regular horses do not activate their speed traits 100% of the time. At any given point, they may be activating some, all, or none of the traits.

Hell horses, on the other hand, are very consistent at activating their speed traits. It's not 100% of the time, but it is very close.

So what the original note meant, is that the trait increases the horse's speed and the trait is always on.

Feels like only half a story is being told here, 

Guy puts up an auction, claims that he had sold them for a gold before, (he mentioned this in a comment in his thread and said that we could "Go look it up" but that got edited out)

Gets no bids, so relists and lowers the price to 50 silver, 

I only asked a simple question,  and get accused of ruining/trolling his auction.

Thread for Reference:

If the answer is that the Rare trait does have  an effect on Hellhorses, thats great news. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Toeol said:

Feels like only half a story is being told here, 

Guy puts up an auction, claims that he had sold them for a gold before, (he mentioned this in a comment in his thread and said that we could "Go look it up" but that got edited out)

Gets no bids, so relists and lowers the price to 50 silver, 

I only asked a simple question,  and get accused of ruining/trolling his auction.

Thread for Reference:

If the answer is that the Rare trait does have  an effect on Hellhorses, thats great news. 

You weren't mentioned - knock it off.  This thread is about proving the horse is faster.  

Asking the question in the auction turned people away.  The relist was an extension of time so that conversation in the auction stopped bids.