Sign in to follow this  
Whane

Looking for a pair of lost horses (Found!)

I know this is a long shot but worth a try. Both horses were gifts and cared for by  Hawkseye, he no longer plays but his IRL brother can login to verify if needed. The two horses are:

A Male Bloodbay named Southdream

A Female Ebony named  Huntingfabiola

They were lost from the Hammer Lake area and not currently branded so I cant track them but manage animals indicates that they are both hitched. They were both 5 speed so I believe they would both be 4 speed with the newer system. I'm willing to pay the standard market value for both plus an extra 50c as a thank you for returning them, that would be enough to buy 3 horses of the same traits. I don't want them back for their usefulness, I want them back because they were gifts. There was no theft here, I had a bug that prevented me from playing and I lost both of my deeds while gone so I don't blame anyone for snagging them and I would be grateful to travel and pay to get them back.

Edited by Whane
  • Like 2

Where is Hammer Lake on the map? If I explore that area, I'll be on the lookout

5 hours ago, Ayuna said:

Where is Hammer Lake on the map? If I explore that area, I'll be on the lookout

In the center of Xanadu, between L11 and O16. Which gives an impression of the size of the area, bit less than Independence, bit more than Release or Pristine.

• Cat 1

Thanks for keeping an eye out. I have explored the entire shoreline of the lake and about half of the area immediately surrounding the lake checking deeds and disbands and focusing on wagons and carts since animal management indicates that they are hitched. Of course that doesn't mean I didn't miss them and they  could be far removed from the lake.

• Like 1

I'm in the area now, and am keeping a lookout for these two hitched horses. 

(This is one of the things I love about Wurm - that you could be searching for something very precious to you, lost in the rugged vastness of the landscape, because it is that vast and deep, and even realistic. How many other games could say the same thing?)

@WhaneCould it be possible that the hitched horses are inside of a collapsed mine, since you've already looked all over?

Edited by Ayuna

36 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

@WhaneCould it be possible that the hitched horses are inside of a collapsed mine, since you've already looked all over?

Thanks for the assist. :) I'd say it's possible. I did revisit many of the mines that I know of in the area and I remined two that had a couple of internal collapses. I also checked a couple of new mines. But maybe there are some mines I'm unaware of. Though, as far as I know those horses could be on the opposite side of the map. I'm not sure if they could be on another server or not, would they show up as hitched on animal management if they were on another server?

I'm going to search further on the far East side of the lake this weekend as I've been wanting to explore that area more anyway.

they would not show up if they were on a different server because when animals cross servers they are like they are wild and need to be tamed/recared for/branded again

On 5/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, kordethbludscythe said:

they would not show up if they were on a different server because when animals cross servers they are like they are wild and need to be tamed/recared for/branded again

Thanks for the info. That's good to know, at least I know they are somewhere on Xan.

Also it's probably unlikely theyve been stuck in a mine because they would have starved. I could be wrong but just want to add my input

(This also depends on how long its been)

Edited by Shenzai

I'm happy to report that Southdream and Huntingfabiola are home again! Thank you to everyone that took an interest in seeing these horses returned. Since they have been on wagon duty for quite some time, they will enjoy a much deserved and nice break in the free roam pen for a while.

TbpqwM7.jpeg

Edited by Whane
better image
  • Like 7
  • Cat 1

17 hours ago, Whane said:

I'm happy to report that Southdream and Huntingfabiola are home again! Thank you to everyone that took an interest in seeing these horses returned. Since they have been on wagon duty for quite some time, they will enjoy a much deserved and nice break in the free roam pen for a while.

TbpqwM7.jpeg

Wait, you have to share with us how you found them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayuna said:

Wait, you have to share with us how you found them!

I was planning to explore a bit beyond the far East of the lake over the weekend but found out there was a new tunnel (Hammer has more tunnels than seen on the map) so I was curious about the new tunnel and went through it and then after that I explored a bit more. While on another lake I spotted a wagon close to the shoreline and I moused over the horses as I usually do and spotted 'Southdream'. At first I thought it was just the same name because the horse looked like a Grey from my vantage but then I noticed another horse was named Huntingfabiola. I parked my Knarr and moved in close and then saw that Southdream was not a grey at all, sometimes when it is darker outside or in the shade, horses look a different color to me, I'm also a bit color blind but not entirely.

No one was in local and the wagon was not on a deed but it was parked in grass and it looked like someone was living there. I looked for names etched in items and then checked Niarja for any useful data and then Google for any social media or a possible way to make contact but no luck. Since some people just login on weekends, I convinced myself that I would camp out for the weekend and see if anyone showed up or not. I started exploring the area a little to see if I could find a mailbox to mail myself my leather kit to keep myself occupied over the weekend. No luck there so I went back to the wagon and then went AFK for a while. When I came back, the wagon controller was there and after explaining my situation and reading this post, they unhitched the horses for me. :) They are not even that active these days so I consider myself double lucky for not only finding them but being able to get them back as well.

They asked me not to post their names, I think they were concerned about public opinion even though I told them that there was no fault on their part and in fact they could have very well saved the horses by taking them. I still stand by the notion that they could have kept them and it would have been fair but needless to say, I'm very happy to have them back.

Edited by Whane
  • Like 6
  • Cat 1

hurrah glad things worked out for you and kudos to the chap that had them for being nice enough to return them

That's awesome :) Let the person know that if they want some decent horses to replace those I'd be glad to give them a couple

• Like 2

Ayy happy you found them! 💖

Edited by Shenzai
Reason: I cant text xd

On 5/13/2022 at 10:13 PM, DaletheGood said:

That's awesome :) Let the person know that if they want some decent horses to replace those I'd be glad to give them a couple

Absolutely!  There are plenty of us that have good extra horses, and it's no problem to share them with someone who needs them.

Heck, I started taking random extra horses to rifts/slayings when I have the room, so I can give them away or even just let them go for a chance of being adopted by someone that needs them.

Glad they made it home and are in a nice "retirement" area. :D

• Like 3