Sign in to follow this  
Avaxas

Former Rift Sites and Archaeology

It would be interesting if investigating the sites of recent rifts had the potential to produce unusual and/or dangerous results.

Was musing with a couple people over whether prodding and poking around places recently blasted by celestial energies, and containing the remains of many unearthly creatures, was necessarily the wisest of notions. It could turn up something interesting, but also have the strong potential to unearth something better left undisturbed.

Edited by Avaxas
  • Like 3

There used to be traps left in the rift area, which could give you or your mount a pretty good wound. I had my mount trigger one and lost about 40-50% health. I think it was the rift "update" that added the 4th wave where those went away. The traps were not very popular with the community, to put it lightly. Even though I don't go to rifts anymore, I wouldn't want to see those return, seems unnecessary.

I had thought about that, too...that for rift sites there could be the possibility of finding unique fragments, like for rift weapons or statues, etc.  That would add an extra incentive to scour the landscape. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jingerjas said:

I had thought about that, too...that for rift sites there could be the possibility of finding unique fragments, like for rift weapons or statues, etc.  That would add an extra incentive to scour the landscape. :)

Yes, something along those lines, and with significant risk attached to the endeavor. Maybe the energies which created and maintained the rift haven't entirely dissipated yet, or maybe one of those things which people went to the effort of putting down wasn't quite completely dead. (Undead ogre rising from the disturbed earth, anyone?)

Archaeology is one of those skills which has the potential for deeper gameplay too. Not every fragment one finds need have an immediate explanation or obvious purpose, and finding the remaining parts to something like that might be a fun long term goal. (Yes, some people detest mysteries and would start demanding immediate answers, but they can just let someone else handle it.)

+1 to more arch stuffs

It would also be cool to be able to find something special from doing arch where a unique(s) was slain in the past.

• Cat 1

5 hours ago, Avaxas said:

Yes, something along those lines, and with significant risk attached to the endeavor. Maybe the energies which created and maintained the rift haven't entirely dissipated yet, or maybe one of those things which people went to the effort of putting down wasn't quite completely dead. (Undead ogre rising from the disturbed earth, anyone?)

OOOhhhhh!!  This could be fun, if we needed to also get priests to dispel energies, etc.  Hmmm, this could have a lot of cross potential for different players/skills... 🤔

• Like 1