Sign in to follow this  
joseanjim

Wurm and Play-to-Earn model

Perhaps it is still too early but I am hopeful that, among all the maelstrom of greed that the play-to-earn model is generating, games will emerge where fun still matters and, being idealistic, business models may emerge where there is a philosophy of redistribution of wealth. I would love a hypothetical Wurm2 like this. I firmly believe that blockchain technology is here to stay, with its pros and cons. Obviously this does not mean that all games will be "NFT", but in my opinion it is a possibility to consider...

Edited by joseanjim
  • Like 2

My apologies, but blockchain is, imho, nothing but a place to hide your money from any government.

Currency is a resource. it represents the energy a person puts into a project; physical, mental, or emotional energy. Every human on the planet creates it when they do something - growing food, making objects, discussion on real life events - People help people without thought.

the government is SUPPOSED to keep its citizens happy, healthy, safe and secure, how can it do that if you hide your currency?

37 minutes ago, Tomatoes said:

My apologies, but blockchain is, imho, nothing but a place to hide your money from any government.

Currency is a resource. it represents the energy a person puts into a project; physical, mental, or emotional energy. Every human on the planet creates it when they do something - growing food, making objects, discussion on real life events - People help people without thought.

the government is SUPPOSED to keep its citizens happy, healthy, safe and secure, how can it do that if you hide your currency?

xxd-696x456.jpg.pagespeed.ic.O9qfrnQfYI.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:04 PM, Tomatoes said:

quote-those-who-would-trade-in-their-fre

None of that is the governments job

On 4/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, joseanjim said:

Perhaps it is still too early but I am hopeful that, among all the maelstrom of greed that the play-to-earn model is generating, games will emerge where fun still matters and, being idealistic, business models may emerge where there is a philosophy of redistribution of wealth. I would love a hypothetical Wurm2 like this. I firmly believe that blockchain technology is here to stay, with its pros and cons. Obviously this does not mean that all games will be "NFT", but in my opinion it is a possibility to consider...

Breaking_Bad_S04E01__Box_Cutter__-_Denny

Jose, what the . are you talking about?

Edited by Yggdrasil

I still have the wurm bitcoin miner app archived on my server lol.

bit disappointed it doesn’t work anymore, would be terrific to mine 0.00000000001btc a year.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:57 AM, Yggdrasil said:

Really? seems like most governments do this quite well: water to drink, power to live off of, food brought in so that way people can eat. Granted they let businesses do most of the actual work, but then, they are not suppose to be out for a profit either, which is, imho, where most governments are going wrong at. Its always about resources in and resources out, but it seems like they forget about the most important resource all the time, that or make it the last thing they think about: the people

that's also not to say that most, if not all(governments), need to do a better job.

Edited by Tomatoes
clarifcation
  • Like 3

On 4/30/2022 at 6:57 PM, Yggdrasil said:

it-is-a-good-thing-for-an-uneducated-man

• Like 1

I don't expect there will be a wurm 2 where people can earn different kinds of crypto coins while playing the game and interacting with the game world.

Wurm is too old school I feel for such a major shift but then again there was that talk of Wurm VR so maybe the wurm share holders might want to expand into NFT's and Crypto if they see money to be made or even if the industry as a whole moves in that direction.

Let's see now... didn't we get rid of play to earn cash? (RMT)

rmt and blockchain and storing information for items.. like who made it.. improve it.. when it dropped ql to certain low.. what was highest ql on the item ever, similar data for enchants.. etc... COOL STUFF...

but that gate was shut with steam, it's against tos, and ccab needs a solid new model to re-start the game as rmt/blockchain(rework a lot.... a lot..) and add A LOT of new content to utilize and market it../ along with ton of skins, new crafting capabilities and better graphics or solid long-term play goals that aren't based on heavy boring rng and a loading bar;

anything else is simply not enough to pull a big mass of players into a new restart.. unless..... UNLESSSssss it's made into simpler graphics.. think trove or something like that.. rebooted in UE5 or unity.. simplified.. and just invites any tiny fella from minecraft into WURMiverse... offering instances, local shards(servers we know.. and spare exploration servers that reset..), no exp loss on death and so on.. to promote actual exploration and no babysitting of gear and numbers... actually fun time.. no holdbacks

am I 'rite, pff I don't run games what do I know I just play 'em

but ye' dat's my half copper to that

imagine next big money grab.... WURM for mobile....

you think that's stupid... have you seen latest mobile game from blizard and expected $flow

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 9:55 PM, Finnn said:

imagine next big money grab.... WURM for mobile....

you think that's stupid... have you seen latest mobile game from blizard and expected $flow

my memory isnt great but didnt rolf introduce someone years ago as a mobile app for wurm developer? i vaguely remember that happening, maybe i made it up. i also kinda remember wurm having voice chat integrated in it for a short period of time so maybe im just losing it.

Edited by Tpikol

Check out my new NFT - NFTrolls. Consider investing! 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Spoiler

2SjvsrN.png

Vct0K4W.png

BNmVy2K.png

• Like 2

can you do more quake themed, cigar's ok start