Sign in to follow this  
Deadcrow

Reduce the time frame of COD mailed items not collected.

I'm requesting a change to the timer on how long a COD mailed item can sit for. 13 days is lengthy when selling items to people and expecting them to collect quickly, as if they forgot about the item, when my mailbox delivers in under 10 sec. 

The time to collect a COD mailed item should be 24 hours or 1 day. As a Seller I do not waste time mailing the item to the buyer just to have the buyer casually take their time to collecting it. I do have mouths to feed.

A thought of adjusting the time frame would be greatly appreciated.

The action of adjustment would be worth my money, time and effort of playing the game.

I am sure that their are others out there who can relate.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 3

I do not agree with this. Let me run a senario. I'm on hunting on a different server and plan to have a 2-3 day trip out. I see your trade chat and want to buy it. I know someone with snatch it up if I don't send a pm etc etc. Now you expect me to either find a random mailbox and haul the item around (Possible decay ticks if foods related) or miss out on it. I think 13 days is plenty if you are in that much of a hurry for a trade delivery it to their deed. At no point does a person have to accept mail they were sent.

• Like 3

Yeah if you are out and about and want to buy a specific item, yeah you should show some etiquette in finding a mailbox or at least explain the length of being able to collect. 

maybe one day is extreme but people don't sell things to get paid later on.

• Like 2

I'm gonna say -1 to the OP. I wurk away from my deed often, but need my tools or weapons imped. So, I send them into whoever is doing it, and then go about with my Wurk. They usually have a queue and put mine in the back of the queue and will usually take a day or two to finish mine and send it back. At that point I could be out in the wilderness a half hour or more from a mailbox, and may not get back to my deed for a day or two. At that point I'll collect it and they'll get their money and I'll get my sparkly refreshed tool. So, no, your suggestion won't work for me.
Once you've built up some $$ from doing your trades, you'll find that a delay of a day or two in getting paid isn't the end of the world you think it is now. Most of the people I deal with on a regular basis, for imps or food, aren't concerned about a delay in payment as they know I'll get the items as soon as I can, but it might be a day or two.
And, as a side-note, IRL people sell things all the time to businesses knowing it'll be 30-90 days before their invoice is paid. Just saying.

• Like 1

It does make it easier to do business away from the deed. I have done mining gigs and been gone for 2-3 days but I always make it a thing to find a mailbox though, but I Guess that's me. 

20 hours ago, Deadcrow said:

Yeah if you are out and about and want to buy a specific item, yeah you should show some etiquette in finding a mailbox or at least explain the length of being able to collect. 

maybe one day is extreme but people don't sell things to get paid later on.

I think your suggestion is sound! It's stressful having to wait so many days for an item that someone either didn't buy or collect to be returned to you. I also,  completely agree with what you said above.

'As someone who regularly buys/sells from the trade chat -- I will not offer on something if I can't retrieve it from a mailbox within a few hours AT MOST; Also, not just for reasons of etiquette (which is important I might add) but also because when I actually want to buy something I usually want that item as quickly as possible to use or to have. It's the same with selling items too, if I want to sell something - I'd like to get paid either before someone receives the item or quickly there-after.

As a side-tangent, I think it would be cool if wurm could add in a way to buy items without having to actually go to a 'mailbox' and collect it right away, like *cough* in an auction house *cough*; The item can be bought on the spot, but kept there in the auction house inventory limbo until we're ready to retrieve it, and if we don't retrieve it in a timely manner, have it drop into our inventory automatically after some time (with a warning ofc). 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Red_ said:

I think your suggestion is sound! It's stressful having to wait so many days for an item that someone either didn't buy or collect to be returned to you. I also,  completely agree with what you said above.

'As someone who regularly buys/sells from the trade chat -- I will not offer on something if I can't retrieve it from a mailbox within a few hours AT MOST; Also, not just for reasons of etiquette (which is important I might add) but also because when I actually want to buy something I usually want that item as quickly as possible to use or to have. It's the same with selling items too, if I want to sell something - I'd like to get paid either before someone receives the item or quickly there-after.

As a side-tangent, I think it would be cool if wurm could add in a way to buy items without having to actually go to a 'mailbox' and collect it right away, like *cough* in an auction house *cough*; The item can be bought on the spot, but kept there in the auction house inventory limbo until we're ready to retrieve it, and if we don't retrieve it in a timely manner, have it drop into our inventory automatically after some time (with a warning ofc). 

I mean we already doing clue scrolls why not a grand exchange as well!

I dont see a problem with the time span a players has to pickup an item.

I have even sold several items to a player that had some items staying in "limbo" as he/she where out in the stix and nowhere near a deed. That way the items didnt take damage by laying in a container outside deed.

Besides is it hard to ask the player you sell to if the item will be picked up withing a certain timeperiod ? most players will do this and the ones that cant pick the item/items up right away will almost always inform on this fact. Atleast thats my experience.

What i would like to see in game though are a way to get a windows where i can administer the packages i have sent, maybe it could be possible to add a shorter time period that way or just revoke the package from said windows.

• Like 1

No, please don't change the 13 days. It's a reasonable amount of time. Nothing in Wurm is fast, why should people be expected to collect their mail super fast? Heck I don't collect my IRL mail that quickly most times...

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 12:08 AM, Atndy said:

Let me run a senario.

I'm on hunting on a different server and plan to have a 2-3 day trip out. 

if you are in that much of a hurry for a trade delivery it to their deed. 

sry but what would a delivery do (?) you are out hunting and cant accept the delivery when he deliver to your deed :)

Atleast lower the time ...make it 5 days instead  14 day is too long 

OR let there be a button, that the one that send can use to retrive item if buyer wait over 5 days to retrive it 

I totally forgot about using the mail system to hold things for me while I'm out and about. Before I got a picnic basket in my saddle sacks, I'd send myself a meal or slice in the mail when I was going out exploring. Now, most times I would have to eat every few hours, but sometimes I'd be away from the game for a few days, and it was nice to know that when I logged in all I'd have to do is find a mailbox and there was food waiting for me. Yeah it cost a copper to get a meal, but better than battling hunger as well as mobs.

Anyway, still in favor of keeping the 13-14 day window even after reading all of the above. If someone, like the OP, needs their money right away, then make that clear to the person upfront, and if they agree to pick it up immediately but then don't, well don't sell to them again I guess. But don't screw up everyone else's use of the mail system over it.

24h too short. What has happened is that i do not login daily, i order from forums and that already can be 24h+ window. Imo it should be able to see stuff you have sent and people not accepted. I remember that it used to be also that you can only accept and see the item on the server you where while it was being sent. (Which is another issue if uou order from forums and someone sends while you are traveling

Edited by Wulfgarr