Sign in to follow this  
Smwoodburn

(Stone Type) Fire Pit/Community Fire Pit

Can we get a fire pit that requires rock shards to build!?? for people to set up chairs and sit around the fire maybe have a drink or eat bar-b-que! lovely idea for late nights passing some time or logging off for the night! :) 

Also, this serves a dual purpose!!!! All those Rare rock shards/slate/marble/sandstone can now be used in the creation of this lovely item :) the Fire pit or Community Sized Fire Pit!!!

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

Plus plenty, really like this idea! 

Edited by Tilda
my own separate suggestion removed sorry :)
  • Like 2

Sort of like the fire ring suggested here?  I mean we got the fur bed...

• Like 1

This would be a nice kitchen addition too, as we are now allowed to light campfires inside buildings. Would look nicer if I had a proper fire pit for creating fire roasted fish, vegetables and meat (in order to add them to other recipes for purposes of tweaking affinities.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avaxas said:

This would be a nice kitchen addition too, as we are now allowed to light campfires inside buildings. Would look nicer if I had a proper fire pit for creating fire roasted fish, vegetables and meat (in order to add them to other recipes for purposes of tweaking affinities.)

oooooh another great idea kinda like the viking great banquet halls where the feasts and meetings and merriment all took place?

4 hours ago, Smwoodburn said:

oooooh another great idea kinda like the viking great banquet halls where the feasts and meetings and merriment all took place?

Sure, that'd be a good larger version of it. Smaller would be more of a kitchen roasting pit.

Love this idea and all the applications it could have. A huge community fire pit that takes a lot to build. or a smaller open firepit you can put in it larger kitchen where you do youre cooking. maybe have an optional addition of fence bars to add a portion of raised area to use pans for cooking on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

Love this idea and all the applications it could have. A huge community fire pit that takes a lot to build. or a smaller open firepit you can put in it larger kitchen where you do youre cooking. maybe have an optional addition of fence bars to add a portion of raised area to use pans for cooking on. 

oooooohhh yes i love that idea! 

caution I am no artist but I got inspired. 

SpRK5SC.png

I can also add or change anything you might think of. obviously just a rough sketch

Edited by Zachariah
  • Like 1

I also picture it as having two sizes. The large one that could take maybe 35?? 50?? rock shards and be maybe 2x2 or 3x3 tiles. and then a small one could be like 15 shards and take up just a tile. be a shorter stone version of a huge wooden tub. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kordethbludscythe said:

+1

Love the support!!! However, I would love to hear more. The more we flesh out an idea the more likely it is to be implemented. I would love to hear why you think it's a good idea, or maybe you even have something that you would change. Lets hear it!!

yeah would be cool to have that one as the 1x1 and then have a 3x3/2x2 one with a second inner circle a bit higher of a pedestal and say have it like a charcoal pile size/bonfire size logs on top of the pedestal taking 1x1 tile in the middle and 3x3 or 2x2

could also as the 1x1 have it like those multi-circlular firepit grill types where people can cook their own steaks and food items via grilling! it could also add that as a new skill ;)

could also even invert the pedestal and have it as a gazebo type and implement a drying station or hanging from beams above the pits be able to walk into it maybe and sit along the walls just throwing out ideas

Yessss! perfect! and on the inside could have it look like kindling on the 1st level and stacked logs on the 2nd level 

oooooh and could do the iron grates along the lower level across it to the center where the second starts

Looks good!! I would prefer a small version, that way it could fit inside of a smaller space and be cozier!! maybe with what looks like a few jagged rocks around? grill over the top maybe a spit  that you can roast a hog on?

• Like 1