Sign in to follow this  
Aelha

Archaeology Bug??

Not sure if its just me or not. But a few times now, like tonight I was out next door to my deed just getting fragments. yes a disbanded deed there. but I purposefully did not add a blank report because I just wanted fragments. Then I started getting the usual hints. I tried filtering in my inventory to find the report and nothing. Not sure whats going on or not.

At this moment, like Stonesolid wondered, haven't seen if its grabbing blank reports from my extra book of blank reports but I'll try to watch for it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or not?

example hints i've seen just tonight...

[22:42:39] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Saiko. You make a rough estimate that the settlement was inhabited for about 6 months. 

[22:34:56] You can see signs of a single abandoned settlement here. Based on your knowledge of the area and small hints you can find, the settlement must have been called Saiko. You find a scrap of washed out parchment signed by the last mayor, Chailko. You write that down in your report. 

current_arch_reports.jpg

Saiko.jpg?width=379&height=468

You say you had another book with blank reports. Wasn't that a journal?

If you have a second arch journal with blank reports it would use those i'm pretty sure. Assuming that's not the case, this is a guess, but If reports in your journal are not from the server you're on there might be some deed id overlap which would trigger for the wrong report if you happen to be on a dead deed with the same id as one of the reports in your journal.

You get that message even if you have no journal at all. Happened to me in my early arch days.

Ah ok I'm a bit confused.

Without a report I think the only part that shouldn't be happening is the "You write that down in your report" message. But I see that in one of Aelha's second message. The rest is fine without a report but it should also be saying "If you had an archaeology journal with a blank report in it you could record your findings."

Is that what you've been seeing? @Cecci

Edited by jaytoo