Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

diagonal walls and fences

Nice to have diagonal roads, but with walls and fences not look good. Will by nice to have this feature to polish design.

• Like 3

It's 2022. Can Wurm do that level of insanely advanced building?.. 

Would be very nice for sure

It would be nice maybe if the squares had a cross through them so you could align on the diagonal as well as the edges.

21 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

It's 2022. Can Wurm do that level of insanely advanced building?.. 

Would be very nice for sure

yee, diagonal buldings will be little complicated, but will allow to many various noncubic shapes of castles. Fences will be much easier, so maybe start with it.

I'm not a developer, so have no idea how it works, but considering how the world is constructed at it's base level, with tiles being columns essentially, each one bound by borders and corners, I can see there being significant, possibly impossible, work involved in making that happen. Don't get me wrong, I have always wanted diagonal walls and fences, I'm just saying it may be near impossible to get without a complete rework of the game. But if the devs want to prove me wrong, and there is a way to implement that, then yay!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

I'm not a developer, so have no idea how it works, but considering how the world is constructed at it's base level, with tiles being columns essentially, each one bound by borders and corners, I can see there being significant, possibly impossible, work involved in making that happen. Don't get me wrong, I have always wanted diagonal walls and fences, I'm just saying it may be near impossible to get without a complete rework of the game. But if the devs want to prove me wrong, and there is a way to implement that, then yay!

Collision with the trees is not based on tile borders, and those could be in any part of the tile, so I guess it is possible for diagonal walls working as a line of "trees", but just guessing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

I dont think that need any tile rework. Simply if build diagonal fence, turn off any tree grow.

What about chestnut trees, they're quite large and will go through any fence 

8 hours ago, Archaed said:

What about chestnut trees, they're quite large and will go through any fence 

Iirc, they already do that if they grow on the edge of a tile.

7OfSY7t.png

+1. Not sure how much work it would take to develop at this stage in the game, so consideration must be given, but that would certainly be a fantastic addition!