Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Remove the follower requirement for god colossi

At this point, for Freedom deed designs, it's just an annoyance. It doesn't really serve any gameplay need, and it doesn't immerse a player or really add anything to an experience other than an annoyance you're going to have to mooch around for someone to make it. It's not like colossus making is a common job, it's usually handled by the person themselves, and you need to make one for the journal anyway.

Lets also not forget other folk building and finishing the colossus for you means you can't move or rename it as you may wish, even on your own deed. I get someone added it to make it seem cool or immersive that you only build them in the name of your own god, but the way they actually work ingame means it's more a pain for both construction and management of them. Once my deed has all the colossi made that it needs, there's going to be a very interesting support ticket where I have to explain I need ownership of them for me to name them and move them as I need.

Anyway please bin the requirement. Thank you.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 11

I totally agree.

Also, while we're at it, not being able to push shrines, obelisks, and similar on deed while mayor is a major headache. Might as well toss that in while you're at it. ;)

Would really really appreciate this and love devs forever and ever. ❤️

• Like 1

Honestly, if you're not a priest I don't see why this is a problem, there are so many different ways to quickly switch religions that this isn't a hard task. I don't think a game like wurm should sacrifice lore for player laziness or convenience.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Burdok said:

Honestly, if you're not a priest I don't see why this is a problem, there are so many different ways to quickly switch religions that this isn't a hard task. I don't think a game like wurm should sacrifice lore for player laziness or convenience.

There's nothing really lore based around this though.

Hell, if you really want to dig into the lore card, anyone white light should be able to make the white light gods since the pvp lore isn't every whitelighter against each other, it's every whitelighter against the blacklighters, which means only Libila should be blocked out.

You've also got the people who RP or feel strongly for their god, for whatever reason. I don't really see why they should need to swap out their religion to start it from scratch just so they can make their big structure. Hell, if I missed a Mag rite because I wanted to make a Vyn colossus, I'd be kinda upset I missed out because of a silly limitation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Burdok said:

Honestly, if you're not a priest I don't see why this is a problem, there are so many different ways to quickly switch religions that this isn't a hard task. I don't think a game like wurm should sacrifice lore for player laziness or convenience.

Brahahahahhahahaha omfg that made me laugh so freakin hard.

Follower of Vyn,  Builds a Vyn colossus.

Next day 'F you vyn i'm going Fo'

Builds a Fo colossus

Next day 'F you Fo i'm going Mag'

builds a mag colossus ....

You see the picture here of how stupid that sounds to build a colossus to your faith then piss on it changing faith and building another?  Lore?!?! Wtf dude, what freakin Lore!!

Does your deity shine a bight light down increases your stats, domain, blessings, castings, give you a pat on the back?  There is no lore behind building a colossus, if there is, Point that sht out so the rest of us can understand the LORE behind the limits placed on the colossus.

Please.

I still fail to see how changing faiths as a follower is a problem. It's been done this way for so many years by so many people. 

People just want wurm to be more convenient and easy nowadays. It's such a shame.

22 minutes ago, Burdok said:

I still fail to see how changing faiths as a follower is a problem. It's been done this way for so many years by so many people. 

People just want wurm to be more convenient and easy nowadays. It's such a shame.

Then I suggest reading the first reply. Just because something has been done a certain way a long time, doesn't mean it shouldn't ever be changed. Otherwise we'd have no fixes or content updates.

Also, just saying to change god already proves its a largely redundant requirement. Why other just putting a random hoop in the way?

As for the 2nd line, I'm not even going to dignify it with a proper response.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Burdok said:

Yeah, why they even added crafting window. It was a pleasure to scroll through all the menus to craft something, not an easy task for sure. People are so lazy.

• Like 2

+1, seems kinda useless to have this requirement on Freedom. Maybe make it like metal altars. Anyone can build and own, but a priest has to bless and then it changes to god type?

10 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Yeah, why they even added crafting window. It was a pleasure to scroll through all the menus to craft something, not an easy task for sure. People are so lazy.

It's not even an example of difficulty, really. Hoops that are nonsensical or easily gamed aren't difficult or additions to the perceived difficulty of game, they're just an annoyance or an inconvenience. Making a colossus is already enough of a task.

If there was any weight to "muh difficulty" as an argument, just make the difficulty of attaching a bit harder if you don't follow that diety. Congratulations, it's a pointless detail to add, but you can keep this "difficulty" that's held in such high regard while also removing the silly hoop for players.

+1, just a nice QOL feature to have.  Especially in a game where your favorite deity might not be the one you grind as.

• Like 1