Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 29-March-2022

• New: Added the new title for 100 skill in Smithing. Congrats Nineol!
  • Change: Removed a 50 skill check bonus in blocking checks for the Scale of Libila.
  • Change: Scale of Libila now has a block limit of 4 instead of the unlimited amount it had before. For reference normal shields have a block limit of 2.
  • Change: Reduced the bonus faith zones give to combat rolls by 80% on pvp servers. This will only affect non-spell based combat bonuses.
  • Change: Enabled the pvp lead limit from defiance for all pvp servers. You are now only allowed to lead 2 creatures when unmounted, and 1 creature when mounted on all pvp servers.
  • Like 13

*can't think of anything to complain about - so remains silent*

😄 

Congratulations Nineol !! Impressive !!!

Patch notes explained: 

44 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: Added the new title for 100 skill in Smithing. Congrats Nineol!
  • Change: Removed a 50 skill check bonus in blocking checks for the Scale of Libila. Congrats Silakka!
  • Change: Scale of Libila now has a block limit of 4 instead of the unlimited amount it had before. For reference normal shields have a block limit of 2. Congrats Silakka!
  • Change: Reduced the bonus faith zones give to combat rolls by 80% on pvp servers. This will only affect non-spell based combat bonuses. Congrats Silakka!
  • Change: Enabled the pvp lead limit from defiance for all pvp servers. You are now only allowed to lead 2 creatures when unmounted, and 1 creature when mounted on all pvp servers. Congrats Egard!

Also is a mag buff because now Frantic Charge is the new mount:)

Please remove libila's zombie and give us a Frantic Charge spell for BL

Also add chariots so new meta is gonna be Chariot+long spear rip sickle:)

Still cant see why not nerf salve tho?

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Enabled the pvp lead limit from defiance for all pvp servers. You are now only allowed to lead 2 creatures when unmounted, and 1 creature when mounted on all pvp servers.

Is this some kind of step towards some bigger changes for Epic or just a nerf?

5 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Why is it always got to be black or white? like there's no PVE on pvp servers? Or is it just a lack of creativity in the team? There is a rope and there is a halter rope. Is it hard to make that "want to ride" animal must be lead by a rope, but you can use halter rope to lead up to 4 miscellaneous animals (no pets) that are impossible to mount without re-leading them on a rope? So you get your 1 pvp mount/pet to lead but same time can bloody lead bunch of stock sheep or lead animals around... Took me literally instantly to come up with a solution.

Edits: corrected typos

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 1

Good changes, thanks!  

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 8:54 PM, Skatyna said:

Why is it always got to be black or white? like there's no PVE on pvp servers? Or is it just a lack of creativity in the team? There is a rope and there is a halter rope. Is it hard to make that "want to ride" animal must be lead by a rope, but you can use halter rope to lead up to 4 miscellaneous animals (no pets) that are impossible to mount without re-leading them on a rope? So you get your 1 pvp mount/pet to lead but same time can bloody lead bunch of stock sheep or lead animals around... Took me literally instantly to come up with a solution.

Agreed.

Please explain to me why I can't lead 4 animals that aren't rideable to I can grind AH on a pvp server? Things like sheep are useful to grind AH by shearing. Does wurm have such a terrible spaghetti code it doesn't differentiate between animals that are useful for pvp and domestic ones? I agree 4 backup mounts in pvp is too much, but come on, it's not like someone is gonna bring 4 sheep to pvp as backups...ffs. 

Does a player now have to waste 4 x as much of his free time leading 1 animal back to deed to grind AH ?

Jesus am I the only player here that feels that for the past few years we've been hit by nerfs after nerfs? The AH update slows down vehicles (due to weight) and adds a plethora of pointless traits just to increase breeding RNG, missions on pvp servers are constantly "sac 15 drakespirits" or "sac 15 nogumps", rifts were increased to 4 waves (highly disliked update by the way).

Now we lead only 1 creature on pvp servers. 

Can anyone  actually defend this as "good game design philosophy"? Really? Wurm has a terrible time retaining players and you're throwing more nerfs in the game...

Everything seems to be designed to not respect player's time now. And wurm already doesn't respect player's time due to its grindy nature. 

Pointless rant #50859783. Nothing is gonna change.

What about that shield bashing skillgain fix that players have been asking about for years? That a priority to anyone? 

• Like 4

On 3/29/2022 at 3:19 PM, Cipacadrinho said:

Congrats Egard!

wut

On 3/31/2022 at 4:21 AM, elentari said:

Agreed.

Please explain to me why I can't lead 4 animals that aren't rideable to I can grind AH on a pvp server? Things like sheep are useful to grind AH by shearing. Does wurm have such a terrible spaghetti code it doesn't differentiate between animals that are useful for pvp and domestic ones? I agree 4 backup mounts in pvp is too much, but come on, it's not like someone is gonna bring 4 sheep to pvp as backups...ffs. 

Does a player now have to waste 4 x as much of his free time leading 1 animal back to deed to grind AH ?

Jesus am I the only player here that feels that for the past few years we've been hit by nerfs after nerfs? The AH update slows down vehicles (due to weight) and adds a plethora of pointless traits just to increase breeding RNG, missions on pvp servers are constantly "sac 15 drakespirits" or "sac 15 nogumps", rifts were increased to 4 waves (highly disliked update by the way).

Now we lead only 1 creature on pvp servers. 

Can anyone  actually defend this as "good game design philosophy"? Really? Wurm has a terrible time retaining players and you're throwing more nerfs in the game...

Everything seems to be designed to not respect player's time now. And wurm already doesn't respect player's time due to its grindy nature. 

Pointless rant #50859783. Nothing is gonna change.

What about that shield bashing skillgain fix that players have been asking about for years? That a priority to anyone? 

In a pvp sense you can lead around lt animals to further your health bar. Not saying it makes sense and would only work in a few situations but having it there would be a problem. That being said creature crates and wagons are still a thing to move animals around. 

Sign in to follow this