Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

cutting down bushes

I have this truly AWESOME .... AWESOME IDEA ...... make bushes MUCH easier to cut down,    My reasoning..... in real life if you cut down a bush.... generally it takes a lot less time than cutting down a tree.. .but in WURM.... nope.

Trees go down much more quickly, is it possible to make bushes easier to cut down.   Bush cutting is  very time consuming when you are trying to clear an area. 

As always... thank you for your thoughtful consideration. :) 

• Like 1

I have a counter idea, raise your characteristics and use higher ql hatchet with woa, raising wc skill wont hurt the matter

way to "make it easier" exists as it is, but it's with the favorite dev mechanic R N G, even at 99wc and 70+ body stats.. you wouldn't consistently guess if you can cut a tree in 1 action or two, same with bushes

R N G, your idea is powerless against it

I am at 79 woodcutting with an awesome hatchet from Efevee... I can cut down most trees in 10 seconds......this doesn't change the fact that trees take much less time to cut than bushes.   

In real life trees take longer than bushes to cut through..    All I am asking is to make bush cutting take less of my time, and after all.. this is a suggestion area... this is my suggestion.  It's not much to ask. 

• Like 4

I cannot confirm that cutting bushes is harder. Well, my woodcutting is 87.35 now, but I recall the same when it was below 70, and I have a normal hatchet with some 78 WoA, so nothing exciting.

Even though, a bush of any age, like a young to mature, and shriveled tree, goes down with the first hit, and tbhj I never payed much attention whether it was 3s, 5s, 8s, or less, just one hit (have a keybind for). Old and very old trees seem to take 2 hits always, and overaged 3 hits, that is all. When deforesting larger areas, for terraforming or woodcutting grind, i found relocating to the next set of trees or bushes at least as time (seconds ;)  ) consuming as cutting down, and collecting trees with the wagon even more so *) .

In short, I fail to see much need for the suggestion.

*) My technique with WC grind is loading 65 trees onto a wagon, then carrying to my mine where I create logs with a skiller, SB, and caffeine. There are other methods like already cutting trees with a skiller, and creating logs at the deforesting spot. I am not sure which one is better (had a discussion with Gryphyth about 😎), but both do work.

Edited by Ekcin

I know from today's experience that cutting down a grape 'bush' took just as much time as cutting down a full-grown hardwood tree.

wogic

Maybe make bushes (not fruit trees, as fruit trees do produce wood) that simply disappear with no resulting wood take half the time as cutting trees.

It's been awhile since it took more than 2 hits for me to cut down anything. Not that I have high WC, but I do have a nice rare hatchet. That said, I have noticed that bushes ALWAYS take 2 hits unless they're either young, mature, or shriveled, whereas trees, unless they're Very Old, usually take only one hit. Like the OP said, it shouldn't take longer to cut down a bush than a tree of the same age. +1

• Like 1