Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Shop Update

Hello all!

The shop has been updated so that we may continue to offer Xsolla as a payment option. While the checkout options and process remain much the same, the product choices have been simplified to match what we offer via PayPal, minus the bundles. Bundles are a feature that should be coming in the near future. It’s also important to mention that pricing has been standardized to the Euro for the time being. We are aware that the previous integration had different pricing based on currency, but we were unable to support that at this time.

For this first pass, you will now be presented with an option to choose between PayPal or Xsolla. You will then be taken to the product page where you can click the appropriate button to initiate checkout.

This is very much a work in progress and we would like to support more features that are now offered to us in the future.

Thank you!

Happy Wurming!

• Like 9

There is a known issue where the information regarding your in-game balance and premium time may show incorrectly.

• Like 1

I will not buy anything from the shop untill I can again pay with my bank account.
Especially since I see this as a sneak raise of prices, compared to what I payed with my bank.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

I will not buy anything from the shop untill I can again pay with my bank account.
Especially since I see this as a sneak raise of prices, compared to what I payed with my bank.

Just checked and both prices for coin is the same as what I'm used to. Though I pay from my bank through paypal, and I don't notice any extra fees. 

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

What is the price difference?

--edit

Also, don't you also pay a tax in addition for the bank transfer?

Edited by Finnn

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

--edit

depends on your bank.

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

--edit

Eh, 1000 swedish crowns for 1 gold for example is what I have payed with my bank account. Paypal (and Xsolla also most likely,) charges a fee.

5 hours ago, fencejumper said:

Just checked and both prices for coin is the same as what I'm used to. Though I pay from my bank through paypal, and I don't notice any extra fees. 

I did not pay via Paypal, I choose the option to pay with my bank directly. For Sweden I had several banks to choose from.

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

...Paypal (and Xsolla also most likely,) charges a fee.

To be fair, a 3rd party fee can not really be called a "sneak raise of prices".  It is a bit careless of patron's on-costs on the part of the game's owners but they are not benefitting from it.

What I think Cecci sees is the difference between using SEK and € as shop currency. She said she paid 1.000 SEK for 1 Gold in the past. If I from germany (or anyone else from the €-Zone) try to buy 1 gold we have to pay 99,99 €. As of today 1000 SEK equals only 96,58 €, so when someone from sweden wants to buy 1gold after the switch to € as standard currency for the wurm shop he has to pay 1.035,30 SEK because the SEK is weaker than the €.

With Wurm players coming from all over the world and heavy daily fluctuations in some currencys worth (ruble for example) lately due to world events there has to be a standard currency for international operations (Else the Wurm team had to adapt the shop prices daily). In the western world those standard currencys are either the US $ or the €. The Wurm Shop runs on € now as standard currency so everyone has to pay the same price in €. Of course the now equal price for everyone with 99,99€ for 1 gold results in different prices in your countrys currency (if your country does not use the €) . 

So yes Cecci has to pay more than in the past for the example sum of 1 gold. But she got it cheaper in the past than someone from the €-Zone and I dont see a reason why that should continue? We all pay for the same service after all and we all should pay the same if we get the same.

• Like 5

I always wondered why people in some countries paid less than others. Bekador explained it perfectly. 

Fluctuations in currency conversion can hardly be called "a sneak raise of prices". 

• Like 2

Why is the option to pay with my bank account taken off from shop?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bekador said:

What I think Cecci sees is the difference between using SEK and € as shop currency. She said she paid 1.000 SEK for 1 Gold in the past. If I from germany (or anyone else from the €-Zone) try to buy 1 gold we have to pay 99,99 €. As of today 1000 SEK equals only 96,58 €, so when someone from sweden wants to buy 1gold after the switch to € as standard currency for the wurm shop he has to pay 1.035,30 SEK because the SEK is weaker than the €.

With Wurm players coming from all over the world and heavy daily fluctuations in some currencys worth (ruble for example) lately due to world events there has to be a standard currency for international operations (Else the Wurm team had to adapt the shop prices daily). In the western world those standard currencys are either the US $ or the €. The Wurm Shop runs on € now as standard currency so everyone has to pay the same price in €. Of course the now equal price for everyone with 99,99€ for 1 gold results in different prices in your countrys currency (if your country does not use the €) . 

So yes Cecci has to pay more than in the past for the example sum of 1 gold. But she got it cheaper in the past than someone from the €-Zone and I dont see a reason why that should continue? We all pay for the same service after all and we all should pay the same if we get the same.

I think a fee was specifically mentioned - not just the standard exchange rate fluctuations.

whatever paypal/xolla or bank transfer costs.. is still less than what steam charges with -30% cut from transactions 😬

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

whatever paypal/xolla or bank transfer costs.. is still less than what steam charges with -30% cut from transactions 😬

Damn that didn't even cross my mind. So all steam clients payments pay 30% to Steam? I would not have chosen to use the steam client if I had thought of that.

I think steam cuts 30 or up to 30%.. it's a vague old memory for this number...

and epic games had something like 12%.. 

price to be on their shelves

On 3/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, Maiya said:

Why is the option to pay with my bank account taken off from shop?

This!

• Like 1

Can we get some info on whether the other payment options will be added again?

50 minutes ago, Silberry said:

Can we get some info on whether the other payment options will be added again?

or atleast tell us why you took it away  

I cant see any reson to do it so please enlightme  

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's xsolla that decides what it offers, not code club 

17 hours ago, Archaed said:

Pretty sure it's xsolla that decides what it offers, not code club 

How can xsolla decide what code club shall use in there shop?

Do you mean xsolla is the reson we cant pay direct with our bank anymore (?) or its as I hope I missunderstand you ?

8 minutes ago, Maiya said:

How can xsolla decide what code club shall use in there shop?

Do you mean xsolla is the reson we cant pay direct with our bank anymore (?) or its as I hope I missunderstand you ?

ccab use xsolla "platform" for the transaction services, the manager of all offerings is xsolla, alternatively, ccab needs a way to verify and deal with all transactions, tracking, etc issues, in a way it costs some.. but saves resources and dealing with extra legal stuff..

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The old integration was a widget that Xsolla developed and supported. We simply served it and handled the return information to ensure players received their purchases. This is no longer an option for us if we wish to continue using Xsolla. That widget supported multiple currencies, which has now been forced onto us to support. The shop is incapable of supporting that without a serious amount of effort at this time and the deadline to move off of the old widget is April 1st, 2022. This led me to make the decision to use Euros as a primary currency until we can support more due to the fact that we already had done so for PayPal and Steam. There is no ETA on the completion of that work as it's still in the early planning stages and will likely be for some time right now.

As for the payment options available via Xsolla, I have found that there is a link titled "Show More Methods" at the bottom of the PayStation page (where you are taken after clicking a button) that shows more payment options. You can search this for the payment option you desire. I have not tested all of these, so please report issues you may have.

I could go into a very long explanation of why we must use third-party payment providers as I'm intimately familiar with e-commerce as a result of my time with Linden Lab, but the short story is that without PayPal or Xsolla, we are unable to accept funds.

I hope this helps to answer some of the questions put forth in this thread. 

• Like 3

Were the first time premium Packages ("Homestead 2 months premium") removed intentional? Or will they come back later?