Sign in to follow this  
keoki

Settlement edge limits

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Settlement

At the page above under the Founding section, it states:

"A deed has a rectangular form. One edge of the deed can not be longer than four times the other edge."

Is this still true? My current deed, for example, has a size of 5 North, 26 South, 21 East, 5 West. As you can see, my token is at the farthest corner of my deed and with 5 tiles North and 26 tiles South, wouldn't the South edge be considered more than 4 times the North edge? Or am I not understanding it correctly?

Reason I ask is that I'm looking at a new area to build a new deed that may be considerably larger but also still have the token close to one edge. So, is the 4 times the other edge limit still applicable or how is it calculated?

Edited by keoki

That would be 32x27 in total, no issues there.

What wiki says is that if for example your deed is 5 s and 5 n (=11) the w-e can max be 44.

Edited by Cecci

If you wonder about the exact size of your deed you can also find it in the settlement info on your deed token or the settlement writ/paper. (without s-n or w-e references, just the total)

Thank you Cecci for the clarification. Can the wiki be updated with something like the example below you gave because to me it's not very clear and the example given just after the statement I highlighted has nothing to do with this.

"for example your deed is 5 s and 5 n (=11) the w-e can max be 44."