Sign in to follow this  
Maiya

Key stop working

Hi Im a veggieseller 

And when I sell the content of a BsB or a FsB, I send the key trough mail to the buyer.

This bugreport is about NFI, even this bug is old as wurm itself,

BUT it got alot worse now since there is no workaround like before.

I have had it alot  on SFI too when i played there.

And now I got it on NFI.

So I send the key to my buyer.

I tell them to keep the key on boat when crossing server.

(did that after first buy and they cross server and key didnt work)

And in old days then key worked to open the Bsb or FsB.

NOT anymore....now key dont work when they arrive to my dock so they cant open BsB or Fsb.

And to be sure its the correct key I send, I always test with an alt that aint abel to open the BsB or FsB without key.

Alt can only open with help of key just like my buyers should be able to

BUT now when key comes back to my dock after a boat trip KEY dont work for alt either. 

What have changed now since keeping key on boat when crossing server dont help anymore? 

How can we fix this?

And if not tell me how to sell to buyers from another server without me trading the key???

This have happend more then ones now and its all keys that cross server now. 

This is for buyers that pre order or  I can sell the keys at merchant like i already do too, but that dont help for pre orders.

Dessie 

Key mailing or crossing with them is buggy. still feeling bitter on the current state, many people have sailed and had to log off for the night with the key not working.

Make pens, add your fsb/bsb there. Lock the pen gate, send payment to buyer, once they paid give permission to the gate.

OR Have merchant with keys selling, if your letting them buy pre-orders you can sort this with having private merchants, make a tiny house give permission only to enter for the pre-order customer to the house to buy the key, this would be costly... but its a workaround for special orders.

Would be nice on fix for carefree mailing keys.

yah its really bad now 

atleast before you could transport the key inside boat when crossing but now that dont work any longer  :( 

Pens dont work where I live on cad but yah I could make a house for my pre orders 

BUT we shuldnt need to make all these extra works around ...this bug that got this worse now must be fixed. 

You could also set permissions on the BSB/FSB that has been paid for, by name? It should replace the need for key, since in this case you know who the buyer is (unless they bring an alt :) ) 

(Or - but shouldn't be needed - a locked chest, with the FSB/BSB key inside, and with permissions on the chest to the player name.)

If the locked-and-perms BSB/FSB are off deed or in a house/deed where the player can take, it should work. If the locked BSB/FSB and on a deed where the player can't take, it doesn't work, but in that case, with any key (new, not mailed) it doesn't work either.

If the BSB/FSB perms don't work for you, can you tell more about your setup, if the BSB/FSB are on a deed/house and if random players have perms?

ty both for your workarounds for me 

BUT its a bug and it shouldnt need a workaround  it shold be fixed so it work for all not only me  

Hopefully it will be looked into and fixeed  preferable yesterday 

Bumping this as i got a key sent to me, and then i still had no permission to the bsb its lock was originating from.

Player A locks a bsb on server Z, sends the key via mail to player B on server X. Player B sails to server Z, but the key does not give permission to the bsb.