Arathok

[RELEASED] FuelStorage Mod

Adds containers for fuel as an addon to your forges/kilns/ovens etc. Refills the heater when the fire is about to go out fuel Storage. Does NOT take logs but anything else that can burn.
NEEDS to be put on the same tile of the heater item.
After setting it up you need to open the feeder once to add it to the database. Then you can set the temperature at your leisure.

model done by Axeblade, coding help by bdew. Thank you, you two!

Requires agos server mod launcher and server packs and http-Server to be setup correctly.

https://github.com/Arathok/FuelStorage/releases/latest

5GMfPOE.png

Edited by Arathok
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Batta said:

The link is missing.

Silly me, added the link!

New Release:
Actually craftable item (was previously only summonable)

< changed recipe for vanilla craftability

+ added #FuelStorageVersion command to check your version

+ shipped entirely new config

@ArathokWhich link do we use?  The one in the OP goes to version 2.0, which says released 15 days ago.  Is there a newer one from Wednesday?

It currently requires glowing hot nails to make. Is it possible to change that, so it doesn't check for glowing?  

Also, I'm unclear how this works.  Does it have to be on the same tile as the furnace, or will it work if it's on the tile beside it, or if it's partly on the same tile? Is there anything we need to do to "link" it to the furnace, or does it automatically fuel the nearest lit furnace?

On 4/1/2022 at 2:53 PM, Batta said:

@ArathokWhich link do we use?  The one in the OP goes to version 2.0, which says released 15 days ago.  Is there a newer one from Wednesday?

Fixed The link thank you!

On 4/1/2022 at 3:30 PM, Batta said:

It currently requires glowing hot nails to make. Is it possible to change that, so it doesn't check for glowing?  

Also, I'm unclear how this works.  Does it have to be on the same tile as the furnace, or will it work if it's on the tile beside it, or if it's partly on the same tile? Is there anything we need to do to "link" it to the furnace, or does it automatically fuel the nearest lit furnace?

Mhh i can try, there is another update coming to the mod soon

Fuel Storages should now refuel your furnaces more than once!

https://github.com/Arathok/FuelStorage/releases/tag/2.3

@Battathis should work now. And sorrry, i forgot earlier, yes you need to have the fuel storage item on the same tile as your heater. Can be anywhere, but axeblades model works perfect for putting it beside the heaters!

Edited by Arathok
  • Like 1

New and probably final Release:
https://github.com/Arathok/FuelStorage/releases/tag/2.6

+ added the option to turn on and off your fuel storage, that also means from now on you have to manually start and stop your fuel storage.

+ added a command that gms can use to turn on all fuel storages manually #FuelStorageScan

- removed the polling of all items (minimizes lag to tiny a fraction of the lag before)

* changed item Description

Hi Arathok, I've been searching for a mod like this for ages to keep my stills running long enough to actually distill a decent amount of spirits! Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere else but I'm trying to figure out if there are any special installation instructions needed to get this working. I see that it has a custom model added so will this require the client mod loader and the serverpacks mod for the client?

On 5/24/2022 at 6:25 PM, caboozki said:

Hi Arathok, I've been searching for a mod like this for ages to keep my stills running long enough to actually distill a decent amount of spirits! Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere else but I'm trying to figure out if there are any special installation instructions needed to get this working. I see that it has a custom model added so will this require the client mod loader and the serverpacks mod for the client?

Hello! Correct! You need to install the server packs mod on your server and set it up correctly with http server config. Both come with agos server mod launcher.

If you don't feel confident setting up http server or just want to run it on a local machine you can open the pack file of my mod and copy everything except the mappings.txt into your graphics.jar of your client and then add the contents from my mappings.txt to the mappings.txt in your graphics.jar.

If you have any further questions feel free to hit me up!

New Release:
https://github.com/Arathok/Wurm-Unlimited-FuelStorage/releases/tag/3.0

players can now set a target temperature on the fuel storage to keep the furnaces at a chosen temperature level.

Item type is now wood so the fuel Storage can be improved with wood type items.
Logging was reduced to a minimum. If you need troubleshooting or want to watch what happens with every single fuel storage, you can turn on verboseLogging in the config.

If you find any bugs or have any problems feel free to contact me anytime. Otherwise i would consider this the final Version of this mod.

• Like 3

This is a really brilliant MOD.

I had wondered if not finding a furnace on the same tile it could check the neighbor tile in the direction of the chute. Then you could be able to set it up through a wall. But no matter what this MOD is perfect.

What is the skill level and skill requirement for this now. I have zero chance to build one now. :(

Edited by Crustyfoot

13 hours ago, Crustyfoot said:

What is the skill level and skill requirement for this now. I have zero chance to build one now. :(

Ah thank you for asking! The skill requirement is 25 Blacksmithing. Maybe i should make that configurable.
If you redownload it now from the github page the minimum skill will be configurable through the config.

Edited by Arathok

4 hours ago, Arathok said:

Ah thank you for asking! The skill requirement is 25 Blacksmithing. Maybe i should make that configurable.
If you redownload it now from the github page the minimum skill will be configurable through the config.

Thank you