Sign in to follow this  
SugarFoxx

Bridge Planning Bug

Seems that if a bridge is planned prior to a restart, the player who planned it can bypass the inability to plan the next bridge after the restart. [With the first unfinished]
[11:50:04] <xxxxxx> (xxx) if you plan the first before a server shutdown you can often plan a 2nd after the restart

7 minutes ago, SugarFoxx said:

Seems that if a bridge is planned prior to a restart, the player who planned it can bypass the inability to plan the next bridge after the restart. [With the first unfinished]
[11:50:04] <xxxxxx> (xxx) if you plan the first before a server shutdown you can often plan a 2nd after the restart

I didn't think this was a bug given that it is in the Wiki that you can do this (and with buildings too) and CA's often advise people who go into help with the issue of not being able to plan something because they have planned something for someone else already to wait until after the server restart.

2 minutes ago, HeddWyn said:

I didn't think this was a bug given that it is in the Wiki that you can do this (and with buildings too) and CA's often advise people who go into help with the issue of not being able to plan something because they have planned something for someone else already to wait until after the server restart.

Would love to see the logs from these "CA's" promoting a mechanic bypass that is obviously a bug and needs fixing.

1 minute ago, SugarFoxx said:

Would love to see the logs from these "CA's" promoting a mechanic bypass that is obviously a bug and needs fixing.

I am sure that the GM's can access those logs easily, and as I say it is on the wiki also...

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Guides:Build_house

"To be able to plan more than 1 house, you either have to wait for server reset, or finish the first floor walls of the current plan"

This is how it works with all buildings, and bridges are just sneaky buildings in disguise 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HeddWyn said:

and as I say it is on the wiki also...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will get it updated.

As far as it being a bug, if you have a way to bypass a mechanic, then it's pretty clear it's unintended.

• Cat 1

2 minutes ago, Vayu said:

As far as it being a bug, if you have a way to bypass a mechanic, then it's pretty clear it's unintended.

Fair enough, but why have that comment on the wiki then?

2 minutes ago, Vayu said:

Thank you Vayu, the wiki has been edited as per the request of the GM team

Edited by SugarFoxx
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HeddWyn said:

Fair enough, but why have that comment on the wiki then?

The page you linked was a player made guide, not something that was put forward by a member of our team. As such, they are recommendations on how to do things, similar to walk-throughs for other games.

• Like 1