Sign in to follow this  
Arathok

[ RELEASED ] Rename Animals

Nice mod. Thanks for releasing it! I have some feedback.

Strangely it is possible to rename using inscribed recipes and almanac reports:

• You rename the aged horse to BbgBALIBAEsAAAEBBQAAAFwB/0oA//YBAAR1////AP/2AgAAIP///wD/9gMAAMj///8A//YEAASsAP//AP/2
  • You rename the aged horse to pine report

Its also possible to use paper inscribed without a pen, which can be expected as its the same as an inscribed page. It leads to these:

• You rename the aged horse to The dirty hand of Arno vaguely appears on the blank paper sheet.
  • You rename the aged horse to The smeared bloody faceprint of corpse of venerable lava spider vaguely appears on the blank paper sheet.

Would be nice if you could also use papyrus sheets.

Edited by Arno

18 hours ago, Arno said:

Nice mod. I have some feedback.

The rename option isn't capitalized which is odd.

Strangely it is possible to rename using inscribed recipes and almanac reports:

• You rename the aged horse to BbgBALIBAEsAAAEBBQAAAFwB/0oA//YBAAR1////AP/2AgAAIP///wD/9gMAAMj///8A//YEAASsAP//AP/2
  • You rename the aged horse to pine report

Its also possible to use paper inscribed without a pen, which can be expected as its the same as an inscribed page. It leads to these:

• You rename the aged horse to The dirty hand of Arno vaguely appears on the blank paper sheet.
  • You rename the aged horse to The smeared bloody faceprint of corpse of venerable lava spider vaguely appears on the blank paper sheet.

Would be nice if you could also use papyrus sheets.

Thank you for the Feedback! 

Wow! I didn't even know you can make handprints or paint with corpses! :D

I agree that you should only be able to use a paper sheet and not a report or so. so i will check for that.
But hmm checking for handprint or faceprints is a bit difficult. I would make the action unavailable if the message contains "print" or "blank" but what if somebody wants to name their horse printer? :D 
I would leave that in the responsibility of the player. I mean you can always rename it again if a mishap happens. I will see what i can do!

New Release: https://github.com/Arathok/Wurm-Unlimited-Rename-Animals/releases/tag/2.0

+ added the Rename action to papyrus sheets

- removed the ability to rename the animal the inscribed page is a report a recipe or a hand / corpse imprint. Might still work with cooking recipes. But you can always rename the animal afterwards if a mishap happened.

* changed the action Description to Capital R for Rename

Thank you for the feedback @Arno

Edited by Arathok
  • Like 1