Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

What YOUR end-game goal?

Hi everyone,

I know this question may not apply to everyone since there are always many people that don't need an end-game destination, but just enjoy the journey, still for those that do have an end-game goal in game, which one it is?

What's the point when you think you'll say "Ok, I achieved everything I aimed for and starting now I'll take it easy, switch to maintenance mode and just enjoy what I have."

Or, if you want, imagine you still play WURM 5 or 10 years from now on... how you imagine your gameplay will look like at that time?

Really curious about your answers since, unlike with themepark games, I imagine here everyone has a (slightly) different end-game goal.

• Like 1

Great question! 

I used to find goals to be something like designing deeds, or exploring and finding cool archaeology srtuff, and that kept me going for a while. 

Lately, with coffee added, I actually found the drive to start grinding, and have found it enjoyable, hitting 90 platesmithing, blacksmithing, mining, digging, and a myriad of otgher skills. 

Now my end game goal is to get benedition on my main, Archaed, because that's the dumbest thing I could possibly do

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

"end-game"?   in wurm?  

Nonsense

+1

--

it's A GAME

new content IS A THING

whenever you reach your goal, there's a patch saying "LOL, nice try", and you keep it going (or have already quit the game for some (or no)reason)

Edited by Finnn

I have no 'end-game goal'.

Enjoying the path is more important to me than any destination.

• Like 5

For now making all tools from oak/steel with my signature supreme and enchanting them with over 100 power myself. I'm already starting to shift goal for some items to moonmetals instead of steel 🤣

My end-game goal is to keep switching the end-game goal. 

• Like 4

After nine years, just enjoying exploring and discovering all of the changes..

And building the odd highway here and there

And keeping the map up to date (a never ending task).

• Like 2

For my main toon, at least:

100 Channeling and Faith; other priest skills are bonus.

100 Meditation.

Every Sorcery spell learned.

The fact that I'm a pretty casual player who rarely/never grinds seriously means that those 100-level-skills are probably never going to be reached lol, but that's the hypothetical "goal."

Playing til the servers shut down or I am carried off the boxes feet first.
😎

• Like 8

Depends on which day you're talking about. I have a good many "end game" goals, some of which haven't even really been fleshed out yet, and others I don't imagine I've even thought of yet.

In general, I suppose my goal is to avoid the fate of becoming "jaded." I've glanced down that road, and don't like where it leads.

For clarification. 

I personally view the statement of "end game" as "what's your big goal?" 

It can be as simple as grinding out skills, mining through a mountain, or whatever. 

Not the day to day things, but that big dream 

41 minutes ago, Archaed said:

For clarification. 

I personally view the statement of "end game" as "what's your big goal?" 

It can be as simple as grinding out skills, mining through a mountain, or whatever. 

Not the day to day things, but that big dream 

That exactly. That was the meaning of my original question too.

To sell the most bricks in the game, or to be the most well known brick enthusiast. 

I am like 99% sure that I have sold the most, maybe not cut, but if I were to think about the literally hundreds to thousands of 10k+ brick jobs, including the big projects of 30k to 500k bricks I have done over the years, I think i have probably already reached this milestone.

• Like 2

It's important to have lots of little achievable goals to keep the momentum going.  It sometimes helps to break down the larger goals into bitesize chunks.  When grinding, achieving my first 100 was a great long term goal for many years, but it was rewarding to tick off little achievements and targets I set for myself along the way.   The devs can help immensely here, by making sure there are enough rewards and milestones - letting us unlock new items and abilities as we climb each skill.  Big construction or terraforming goals, tend to be those jobs I put off, as they can be a little overwhelming for me, so again it's best to break them down into smaller more manageable jobs, and make sure the area is secure and clear of aggressive mobs before starting.

• Like 1

I just feel like i want to build and hollow out more of my home. Ever since i started playing i spend a decent part of in-game time either exploring or in a mine.

After the ability to build in a mine i just do everything in my own house, In a mine. I do my crops, in a planter which is in the mine. And though i haven't gone so far as to keep animals in the bellow. I'm still expanding and building more.

No clue where it ends but if i can have a full underground village i would be a happy cave man. 

• Like 2

One endgame goal for me is to get my dang cape!

On a real note, my main endgame goal is to be a master smith!

My major goal is to enjoy myself, so if that is "end game" then I kind of started with it.   Okay, maybe the tutorial doesn't count as endgame  😁

• Like 3

My end goal is to get bored with Wurm and move on to something else. 13 years and counting, i feel i'm getting close to half-way.

• Like 1

My end goal is to die eventually while still playing Wurm.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Noizhead said:

to log out forever

But.. the coffee..

• Like 1

Wurm is an alternative world and I guess many found that there is no "end game". Many leave for a while but come back to continue the adventure. (Weird way to say after a decade I still have most skills under 90 and really don't care...)

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 4

Over the past 10+ years I've had lots of little goals, they're what keep me playing. 

- 100 faith priest (done) 

- 'completed' deed (as much as a deed is over completed) (done) 

- a handful of skills 90+ (done) 

- slay a dragon (done) 

- attend an impalong (done, many times over) 

- obtain a set of drake to replace one I lost (not done and probably not happening) 

- re-obtain my unique named sword Rolf made for me when I was CM but lost on an adventure in Chaos many years ago (probably never happening, not even sure it still exists out there) 

Edited by Stargrace
  • Like 2