Sign in to follow this  
Jingerjas

Theft of items in a "locked" tent

At first, I thought I had just lost my supreme chisel.  It happens, right?  Well, after realizing my rare spindle, rare rake and teddy bear are also missing and checking my tent that I was using for that time while rifting...I saw my tent was unlocked! 

While I understand things can be tricky to coordinate when going across servers, is it possible, maybe?? to make sure locks work regardless of where they are??  I am upset that someone stole things that were in my tent, first of all, locked or not.  Locks are meant to keep things safe, and when those of us trying to get the journal entries completed travel from server to server, it adds an unnecessary element of stress to have to lock/relock everything every time.

I have also noticed other more minor things missing; however I do not believe this was a newbie, as all my other high ql/enchanted tools were still there.  This was someone that just wanted the rare/supreme/whatever they found useful type of theft and I'd like to at least put this out there that this happened.

Edited by Jingerjas
Forgot to add rare rake is also missing

Locks must get some dev love for sure. Sad to see it caused you to lose items - my experience so far is that I cannot put anything in locked my small magic chest in my inventory) if I travel across servers. Also on tents the "lock rusted away" message is annoying after server crossing :S

Same happened to me with stuff I had put on 2 merchants inside a house on deed.. Wasn't smart enough to put the prizes crazy high because I thought they were safe..
Cost me a ton of silver from christmas purchases (payed with real euro's) + some rare items that were in there.
It sucks.. but just like in real life. There are always some people who don't care to steal hard earned (ingame with the rares and work time in real life for the euro's) stuff.
I just hope they don't sleep good at night. But I'm sure they don't care.

Edit: to be a bit on topic..
I thought when building a house with a door that the door would be locked by default like carts or boats.
So yeah, locks should get a little more love on freedom.

Edited by Taranis

The work around is to just unlock/relock or replace with new lock after crossing.

P.S. To be sure, basically any thing considered a container do the above work around for crossings.

Wow. This sounds like a real pain in the neck. sure would be nice if they just fixed locked items on server crossings.

20 hours ago, gorgian said:

The work around is to just unlock/relock or replace with new lock after crossing.

P.S. To be sure, basically any thing considered a container do the above work around for crossings.

unlock does not work (at least I had no option to) so you only may be good if you always keep another lock with you.

Edited by Jaz