Sign in to follow this  
Jeston

No more snow in my house please :)

I would really like to see the snow on ground effect removed from tiles inside of a completed building, some buildings I prefer pavement vs putting in floors but when its winter all my pavement inside my building turn to snow. I am sure others have the same feelings on this snow tiles inside buildings.

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 5

It's because game reloads all the textures when season is changing.

To avoid this, there should be two versions of each texture. One that looks the same in all seasons except winter and second that looks the same in all seasons.

Let's say 1 has snow in winter, 2 hasn't.

If player pave something in completed house (all walls and with roof/any floor above paved tile), then game uses normal texture (2).

If player pave something outside of completed house or in incompleted house, then game uses modified texture (1).

If house got modified and ground is already paved, then:

- changes texture to 1 if house became opened (or roof/all floors above the tile removed)

- changes texture to 2 if house became completed with roof/all floors above the tile

Those two checkes could be done only when house is modified (removed/added outside walls, roof or floors) to not stress server with constant checks.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

Paving can also go underwater, which looks worse. Snow blowing into a house is vaguely believable, at least.

Given that the devs are already okay with sand not being covered in snow, I think the best solution might be to just have paved areas not become visibly snow-covered in winter. In the absence of a complete solution (meaning one that detects houses and sea level) that would look better than what we have now.

Edited by Sheffie

1 hour ago, Sheffie said:

I think the best solution might be to just have paved areas not become visibly snow-covered in winter.

Another option could be the ability to clear snow from tiles using a shovel, which would leave them uncovered for the rest of that season. I would prefer that solution, personally, because that gives us more freedom to customize our surroundings.

• Like 3

There is already a check that a house is complete as you cannot sleep in a bed in an incomplete house, so can that check not also be used to remove snow effect? I know you don't have to have a roof on for that, but it might be a option at least?

• Like 2

I don't care how it's done but get it done. The suggestion to allow us to clear snow off of tiles with a shovel is best in my opinion.

If they make a server without snow, people may consider to move their home🤭. New server idea if they want to make a new one.

I have snow in the air inhouse, but not on the ground. So no way to shovel it away

18 hours ago, Jeston said:

I would really like to see the snow on ground effect removed from tiles inside of a completed building, some buildings I prefer pavement vs putting in floors but when its winter all my pavement inside my building turn to snow. I am sure others have the same feelings on this snow tiles inside buildings.

Yes! This has driven me nuts for ages!

I have heard this should help:

All settings in the Compatibility tab (launcher settings window) must be on Core for rain and snow to not show indoors properly.

Test it and tell if it worked please :)

Edited by Maiya

4 hours ago, Maiya said:

All settings in the Compatibility tab (launcher settings window) must be on Core for rain and snow to not show indoors properly.

Just looked at my settings and they're all on Core, but I have snow on pavement indoors. So, uh, that's a nope. 😕

ahhh well it was worth a try

someone told me that it should work, but yah that was ages ago, so maybe something is changed since then

but TY for telling :)