Sign in to follow this  
Agememnon

Wurm installation - Trying to Return to the game

Win 10 32 bit

This is for Wurm Online just to make sure .

I uninstalled from the control panel

I deleted all the files I could find preserving the players folder

I downloaded the 32 bit installer

ran it.

All looked fine up to this stage I had 3 files on my desktop a Choose wurm file, the installer and a launcher.

I tried choosing different versions Live vs old vs whatever was in there, and go to run it.  I think I get 2 quick popup screens then nothing,,,I check Task manager and I have the wurm client running 0 disk usage.  Wait wait wait wait wait nothing happens.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edited by Agememnon

uninstall, install the game on different place?

run the launcher as administrator?

could be permissions... UAC setting blocking the app, folder access to read or write

you can see something in the windows event logs(MAYBE), can you see if in the installation folder you have a new console or crash log, should be newest modified file in the folder, if there's such it might provide some useful information

32bit system, yikes, is it possible to be missing graphics driver?

This worked just fine for years,,,then about a year ago it just stopped and no one could assist me really then.  Just trying again.  I have other Java apps that work just fine .

UAC is fine and graphics are fine everywhere else.

Also had run as Administrator

When I run setup 32 bit I get 4 files:

Wurm Online shortcut

Wurm Online [Choose client]

Wurm Online [Low Memory]

Wurm Online [Test]

ontop of WurmSetup32.exe

I just ran Wurm Online[Test] and it went through and seemed to be installing things.  Now I guess I run what,,,Wurm Online as its the shortcut for whichever version I previously ran, in this case none?

Clicked on that, and its downloading a client again, goes through and finishes,,,without initiaing any game screens .

ok in my NEW install directory I have a client_live.jar and a client_test.jar  so I used the choose client option and choose test,,,it starts real quick closes and NOTHING except 2 Wurm Client entries all with 0% disk usage in Task Manager.  So where is this Log file?  I also am NOT getting any HS pids from Java not functioning properly

Edited by Agememnon