Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

Dead cared for horse

Ok. I had a horse (venerable fat Rungrey '5sC0rBrM 8') was cared for a F2P toon (Tebomb, never been prem) that I later moved to a different server (Xanadu). This left his cared for horse for me to take care of here on my deed (Cornersville) on Independence server (lazy alt). I had it hitched to a wagon.

This is the last time I groomed that horse, when it was cared for (from my log files)…

kcgTDt1.jpg

So, later, I groomed this same horse, but for some reason it was not cared for...

gXCxWiC.jpg

Sadly, I did not notice it was not cared for. Not until today I noticed it was not standing duty at his wagon 😞 , and there was a pile of slightly decayed horse gear at his position.

Ok the toon that cared for this horse, Tebomb is F2P, never been prem'd, and left Indy 29 Sep 2021. He went to Xanadu, had business there, never returned to Indy server. He does get logged in regularly, and has not been deleted. He only has one care for slot, so did not care for any other animals on Indy.

So, for some reason, this horse became uncared for and died. I do not know if this is an intended game mechanic for F2P toons that leave the server, or for any toons been away from server 'x' amount of time.

I was advised .. "[01:34:50] <Vayu> Go ahead and make the bug report, make sure that you list when that character was last on indy."

Maybe we can clear up if this is intended, or a glitch, that my horse became uncared for, then died unexpectedly.

Thanks for your time,

Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

Do you have in your event logs a line that you "no longer care", "stop caring for ..." or something like that, I can't recall the exact phrase for the action, but could you have misclicked and stopped caring for it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Do you have in your event logs

Good question.. checking now...

Nope. Nothing like that for that guy on Xanadu. I did check his caringfor status on Xanadu. He did not care for any animals. Later, he did care for one named horse. So now, he is caring for a named horse on Xanadu.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:03 AM, TeeeBOMB said:

I do not know if this is an intended game mechanic for F2P toons that leave the server, or for any toons been away from server 'x' amount of time.

It´s not the second, I´ve done that more than once, and I´m surely not alone. Being away from a server for ~6 months or more shouldn´t lose cared fors.

• Like 1

Are you sure it was the same horse?  The names are different in the two screen shots.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2022 at 6:21 AM, Moteandbailey said:

Are you sure it was the same horse?  The names are different in the two screen shots.

Oh good eye. I'll re double check this now.

Ok. For sure Rungrey was dead. That horse was not hitched to this wagon, where it had been. There was a spot on the wagon had no horse on it. There was a pile of (slightly damaged) horse gear at that spot. And Rungrey was no longer on my animal list.

Looks like I cut the dialogue from my event log too soon for that image. Thanks point that out 🙂 I'll attach a corrected image on the original post.

Edited by TeeeBOMB
changed a letter