Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Memory of food you cooked and what affinity gave you in new tab of recipes

Hi!

I am still dreaming of an awesome patch were you allow us to lore the container we place ingredients and be able to see what affinity it would give if cooked.

But we can go even further:

Could get the perks gated based on cooking skill similar to how animal husbandry skill reveals more stuff.

So could have 30 cooking show the duration of the affinity from 1 bite at 50 cooking skill the affinity it would give (we dont want to ahve it too high so ppl could reach it in a reasonable timeline) and at 70 teh ability to save the recipe you crafted in an affinity tab on your recipes window.

So we wold have your recipes window and add an affinity recipes tab to it and when you select it you will have something like: [toon name] baseline affinity is [afffinity] and bellow a search box and under the search box a list of most often cooked 5-10 recipes that memorised what affinity they gave to that toon.

The ideea is for the player to go use a food affinity calculator to cook something but then be able to save it in game and next time they need that affinity to just use the recipe they saved in game and not have to alt+tab and use a 3rd party program to either get a new tetris for their desired affinity or look for a screenshot of the ingredients for  a specific one they made before.

TLDR:

Gief: ingame lore action showing the affinity the food would provide (if not inside a cooker container should give just the current diff message and another message under: place it inside a cooker to discover the affinity it would give)

Ingame abilty to memorise the affinity provided by each meal that toon cooked and when the player wants affinity food for that type they can for instance type in the  search bar: mind logic and all the recipes that gave that affinity to the toon the search is made on show up so can be reused.

Oh forgot maybe at 90 cooking skill give the ability to add memmo's or notes to the recipes:

Say my cook gets woodcutting from one pizza tetris but then i notice my vyn priest gets fishing from it and my lib gets shield bash.

In that scenario could be nice to have the ability to add a note to that recipe so can say Woodcutting to this toon but fishing to billy and shield bash for stevie.

Alternatively not make memmo's but be able to export the recipe (write on a paper) and then have the toon read it and count in his list as if it was cooked. It would be usefull when i make a pizza for one toon then taste with another and find out itt gives an affinity i want for him too so rather then having to recook it with that toon in order to add it to his database i could just write it on a paper and read it with him and in the future when i search for it be able to find and use it.

• Like 6

I like the idea of the notes, but maybe a step further as a "private" recipe that goes in your cookbook. "Woodcutting Full House Pizza" could be searched that way and I can easily look up what my woodcutting pizza is. Then be able to add notes to it if desired.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Hi!

I am still dreaming of an awesome patch were you allow us to lore the container we place ingredients and be able to see what affinity it would give if cooked.

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

• Like 1

lore for tossed salad sounds good, but you still need external tools to generate specific targeted affinity food and to prove your mental strength fighting spreadsheets or following a more complex list of ingredients than IRL meal preparation 😕 

+the time you need for all that😩😬🥴

This should be in game since the new cooking system was implemented. Lore should tell you what affi you get before the meal is cooked. 

It wouldn't be terrible if the game would tell you what ingredients to use to get desired affinity, depending on HFC/Beverages/Whathaveyou skill level, suggest more complex and more efficient combinations as you progress.

If a game needs 3rd party tools to be used to achieve what has became a core functionality for many players, it doesn't spark joy (and this comes from the bloke who made a 3rd party tool to make everyone's life easier).

• Like 1

I like this idea, though I think it'd be even more fun to involve something like an Archaeology Journal. Recipe Sheets placed in Cookbooks would collect specific ingredient/preparation information when we Lore containers, and allow us to rename the pages with the affinity we got from it.

• Like 1

It's a great idea and I wish there was some way it could be done, but unfortunately with the affinities part it'd never be workable in-game without outside utilities.  Here's why:

Affinities are given based on a whole lot of variables.  Cook with a rare frying pan vs standard iron frying pan? Different affinity.  Cook with a supreme frying pan vs either of the two just mentioned?  Even different affinity.

Use a campfire to cook it instead of an oven?  Different affinities for each of the above.

If the food ingrediants were the only factor involved in what affinity was given, it seems like it'd have a much better chance.  But with all those other factors, it'd just slow down the game with more calculations and tables database look-ups.

Note: I'm not a developer for Wurm Online.  The conclusions I drew above are just from my own experience and thoughts.

9 hours ago, Tristanc said:

It's a great idea and I wish there was some way it could be done, but unfortunately with the affinities part it'd never be workable in-game without outside utilities.  Here's why:

Affinities are given based on a whole lot of variables.  Cook with a rare frying pan vs standard iron frying pan? Different affinity.  Cook with a supreme frying pan vs either of the two just mentioned?  Even different affinity.

Use a campfire to cook it instead of an oven?  Different affinities for each of the above.

If the food ingrediants were the only factor involved in what affinity was given, it seems like it'd have a much better chance.  But with all those other factors, it'd just slow down the game with more calculations and tables database look-ups.

Note: I'm not a developer for Wurm Online.  The conclusions I drew above are just from my own experience and thoughts.

That's not true. if the devs wanted to all it would take is an outcome check before running the cooking action. When the action is preformed it checks all of those things in order to find out what the data of the food coming out to be. So being able to preview the affinity you would receive before wasting the ingredients wouldn't be that hard to do. 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:48 AM, Cipacadrinho said:

So we wold have your recipes window and add an affinity recipes tab to it and when you select it you will have something like: [toon name] baseline affinity is [afffinity] and bellow a search box and under the search box a list of most often cooked 5-10 recipes that memorised what affinity they gave to that toon.

The ideea is for the player to go use a food affinity calculator to cook something but then be able to save it in game and next time they need that affinity to just use the recipe they saved in game and not have to alt+tab and use a 3rd party program to either get a new tetris for their desired affinity or look for a screenshot of the ingredients for  a specific one they made before.

+100 This would be soo nice! I literally have pages of hand written affinity recipes that I have to riffle through every time I need a specific affinity food. Between my random notes and horrible hand writing that can be a daunting task.

Something a bit like an almanac, but for food.  When you "taste" it should be kind of like "study".  You can then record the results.