Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Rockcliff Cathedral Restoration

WurmLauncher64_TTpWLZNF91.png

Hello, Wurmians! With the addition of the new Tapestry of Rockcliff, I'd like to announce the restoration of a wonderful cathedral found on Independence, originally built by Tich and Keyos and lovingly restored in Tich's honor by Belisama. It is open to the public and can be found under the shadow of Dragonfang Mountain overlooking the Inner Sea, located in the K15 square on the map. I asked Belisama for a little bit of background on the project, and this is what she had to say:

About 3-4 months ago, we'd gotten notified that Rockcliff Cathedral on Independence, which had been built by Tich and Keyos, had really fallen into a state of disrepair. Our fearless leader, Enki, went and surveyed the damage and asked if anyone was up to the task of rebuilding it. I volunteered, not knowing much about the history of the place. I went and took a look about and darn, was there a lot of damage! There were only a few walls remaining of the original footprint, and none of the decorations. So, I went to the trusty Wurm Online Forums! There I found some original videos that Tich had made when the cathedral was originally built. This helped get me started, but didn't get me the whole way. I was able to reach out to and connect with Keyos. In talking to them, and others who knew and loved Tich, this became a passion project for me. I wanted to honor Tich's memory by making this cathedral once again, and having it be something Tich would be proud to call theirs. With Keyos' help in design pointers, we got it to where it is now, and even made a few tweaks that Tich would have liked, had they been available during original construction.

To see a time lapse of the original construction:

I hope you all will visit, and have a brief little glimpse at the marvel that is Rockcliff Cathedral. I hope you'll love it as much as I do, as I'm sure Keyos and others who knew/loved Tich do as well. I also hope this inspires all of our budding architects out there! See what can be done, back in 2013 when it was originally built, and get out there and see all the wonders that can be done today!

All my best,
Belisama

WurmLauncher64_Ku8UnpN5jH.jpg

WurmLauncher64_UenYN7Zr8h.jpg

WurmLauncher64_3v2Fqb8NlS.jpg

WurmLauncher64_Ujd7ewGjT6.jpg

• Like 33

That's lovely ❤️❤️ Nice job, and a big Thank You for honoring Tich's memory like this

• Like 2

you did a fantastic job of restoring it, wow! I visited it a few years back and was sad to see it decaying . .. so very glad it has been shown some love again :) climbing to the top of the slate spire was a memory i wont soon forget - and now with Rockcliff Cathedral back on the map, we won't soon forget Tich either :)

• Like 5

Amazing job well done!  It marked on the Albia Roads Map by the Cathedral shaped paving at 28x, 32y at the top end of FM North West Hwy.

https://prnt.sc/d0sGXhde4ipV

Close up of the relevant part of Indy Map.  Sorry but the forum's do not import images from PrntScrn.

Cheers, Hughmongus