Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 08-March-2022

New: Added March Monthly Skin

New: Added a new Rockcliff Tapestry.

March’s “Decorative Flowers” skin brings a lovely pop of color to any room! Available through the month of March in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any pottery jar to give it a unique and fancy look.

This update also brings a beautiful new Tapestry of Rockcliff, celebrating the new restoration of a cathedral looking over the Inner Sea beside Dragonfang Mountain on Independence. It is open to the public and can be found at K15 on the map. Tapestry art is by Rosedragon.

skin_March_decorative_flowers.png

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added March Monthly Skin

New: Added a new Rockcliff Tapestry.

double hmm, does anybody have screenshots? 🧐

ND93jw3.jpeg

[14:51:41] Tich and Keyos constructing the cathedral, painted by RoseDragon. It could be improved with some yarn. Ql: 17.886015, Dam: 0.0.

1f31695a8f34e8ef44f8c58fc2f4506a.png

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Madnath said:

ND93jw3.jpeg

[14:51:41] Tich and Keyos constructing the cathedral, painted by RoseDragon. It could be improved with some yarn. Ql: 17.886015, Dam: 0.0.

That is beautiful! Amazing job @rosedragon

Just now, brattygirl said:

That is beautiful! Amazing job @rosedragon

i just want more hell horse art

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Will the skin prevent decay on pottery jars or are they going to rot away like normal? This is really gorgeous but it should have been a crafting recipe, not a single use skin that costs 4500 marks.

Please can we have craftable monthly skins? :) 

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 4

Big ❤️ for the Tich and Keyos Rockcliff Cathedral Tapestry, I love it!

Also Best wishes to all women around the world !!!

Edited by jaquari

i knew it was there , but took a while to find it , timelapse of the build 

• Like 2

Is the skin applied to pottery jars? Didn't pottery flowerpots hold flowers? I am confused here. 

Edited by elentari

38 minutes ago, Madnath said:

i just want more hell horse art

Careful what you ask for 🤔

So two textures and one new none animated 3d model is what you worked by whole month... quite disapointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reflekted said:

i knew it was there , but took a while to find it , timelapse of the build 

Wow, there it is! well done, Reflekted!

And Rosedragon? Wow, she is still around! Well done Rosedragon!
And Tich and Keyos? My god how I miss you guys. At least Keyos is still around, however seldom.

Nice update! But will the jar decay along with the skin applied to it?

Last time I checked, most of pottery items are not maintainable using repairing/improving, so they just wither away.

Well, except for the forge/oven, can I apply the skin to a forge to make it look like a pottery flower instead? 😆

18 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Nice update! But will the jar decay along with the skin applied to it?

Last time I checked, most of pottery items are not maintainable using repairing/improving, so they just wither away.

Well, except for the forge/oven, can I apply the skin to a forge to make it look like a pottery flower instead? 😆

Mend is an option here I believe, albeit not accessible to all

Inspired by the picture on the new tapestry, how about introducing some wall skins where it would change the look of windows - or put "paintings" on the walls for decorative purposes. I think a window skin that could give us the look of cathedral type windows would be amazing. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pastor said:

So two textures and one new none animated 3d model is what you worked by whole month... quite disapointed.

They're doing a lot more, this is just the monthly skin tread and they added a tapestry because of the restoration.  

• Like 1

Gorgeous flowers.

But I join the other commenters in asking, how has decay on pottery jar been taken into account for this skin?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CistaCista said:

Gorgeous flowers.

But I join the other commenters in asking, how has decay on pottery jar been taken into account for this skin?

Seems to me this is a question that needs answering.

8 hours ago, LynD said:

Inspired by the picture on the new tapestry, how about introducing some wall skins where it would change the look of windows - or put "paintings" on the walls for decorative purposes. I think a window skin that could give us the look of cathedral type windows would be amazing. 

LOVE the idea of wall skin but as long its not monthly skin...also tapestry looks AMAZING🥰!!!  I can't wait to do one (after my Caravel's order I will be making one)!!!

Congrats Rosedragon on getting your design into the game! Beautiful tapestry! :) 

PS: And I see what you did there with the summer hat ;) (at least I think it's a summer hat)

I have heard 3-4 people say that if you seal the jar with water in it, it won't decay.  I am skeptical, however.  Any chance of a C/D on this?

PS I do like both new items!

Edited by Spacy

11 hours ago, Spacy said:

I have heard 3-4 people say that if you seal the jar with water in it, it won't decay.  I am skeptical, however.  Any chance of a C/D on this?

PS I do like both new items!

the jar or the water wont decay?

- water doesn't decay

- jars / amphoras/etc.. are normal containers falling under decay rng ticks afaik, unless they were excluded;

pottery at some point had insane amount of decay ticks, by insane I mean something like frying pans laying around in a forge, since the two items are completely different with improving and NO such option to maintain them, at some point that situation improved a bit, but afaik they still do take damage and storing milk/honey/wine or whatever.. sealed in amphora hides some risks to not find the container(and liquid)

I wish we could just repair pottery items. I can understand not imping them once they're baked but we can glue broken pottery back together, it just loses quality. Yes, I know Vyn priests can mend them but not everyone has access to that and it's needed far too often for this to be a practical solution.

Edited by Vorticella
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Vorticella said:

I wish we could just repair pottery items. I can understand not imping them once they're baked but we can glue broken pottery back together, it just loses quality. Yes, I know Vyn priests can mend them but not everyone has access to that and it's needed far too often for this to be a practical solution.

I completely agree with you on that, Vorticella.  If not able to be improved, at least allow pottery items to be repaired.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this