Sign in to follow this  
Amantnovi

Would Love Your Help!

Hello My Indy Friends!

On my deed I have built a small place called The Oak House.

This is a 3x3 building with an Oak growing in the center and out the top. I am filling it with bookshelves and benches and my goal is to create

a small library filled with books from Independence.

This is where I am asking for your help! 

I am asking if the wonderful people of Indy would like to be a part of The Oak House 

and send a book or two to fill the shelves. You would title the book anything you wanted (within reason lol) and add one page

with your name, deed name (location is optional), and Wurm date sent. If you would like to add more pages with a quote or message to the reader,

that would be awesome too! Since I am a coastal deed, I love the idea of travelers stopping and reading books from different deeds of Independence.

Side note: if you are reading this and are from another server, I will have a section as well for books from foreign lands. Id be happy to have your contribution as well! 

Please send your books to Amantnovi. I will gladly pay COD! 

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Amant Novi~ Lady of Bela Stellamant 

Edited by Amantnovi
misspell
  • Like 17

Is there a goal for this project?

Somebody visiting and picking on place or making it's own "copy" of that list to visit all places?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Is there a goal for this project?

Somebody visiting and picking on place or making it's own "copy" of that list to visit all places?

My "goal" is simply to have a building with books that have great titles and a bit of history from the server I have called home for a long while. I thought it would be fun.

People can add as much or as little about their deed as they want to. Even the players name is more than enough. 🙂

• Like 2

what i did for my alliance mate Amantnovi was provided her with a book from each of my charactors i play on Indy with a fanciful title on the book itself depicting it as <title> by <charactor> then the sheet i placed inside the book had deed info plus wurm date example being "Lightning Falls by Joescmuck" then the deed and wurm date inside

Edited by kordethbludscythe
corrected a word
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kordethbludscythe said:

what i did for my alliance mate Amantnovi was provided her with a book from each of my charactors i play on Indy with a fanciful title on the book itself depicting it as <title> by <charactor> then the sheet i placed inside the book had deed info plus wurm date example being "Lightning Falls by Joescmuck" then the deed and wurm date inside

I loved it! So glad you were willing to donate books for The Oak House! Thank you, my friend

• Like 1

Also wanted to share that if someone was interested in doing this, I would gladly make a book  and you could just send me a message with what you would like it titled along with whatever information about you and your deed you would like inside! Thank you to those who have sent me something. Always appreciated!

I will happily send (or walk over) one when I have a free moment.

• Like 1

Is the library still going strong? Might have a book to offer sometime coming up.

16 hours ago, garforl said:

Is the library still going strong? Might have a book to offer sometime coming up.

I would love it if you shared a book! Thanks so much for asking. 🥰

Bump to support a great idea.

Cheers, Hughmongus

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

The idea is great, and i will see what I can do about it. Maybe the title could be adjusted to reflect more the exact idea. I just accidently clicked here because I was curious what it was that required help, but the idea is really good so this may attract more of the right sort of help if it was more specific already in the title.

Maybe "Public Libaray project would appreciate your book contribution" or something like it?

I will certainly see how I can accomplish that now. Never made a book before. Probably need a buddy to help make it, being a priest with my main char 😉

• Like 1

oh how did I miss the topic until now? I'll prepare something of course.

On 2/12/2023 at 12:30 PM, Smilingcat said:

I managed to send my book in. Finally! lol

On 2/12/2023 at 1:21 PM, Jaz said:

oh how did I miss the topic until now? I'll prepare something of course.

Thank you! Smilingcat, it made my day to receive your book! So so appreciated! 💜

Jaz, that would be awesome!!