Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Suggestion for the owners - Game Chest Group

A small suggestion for the owners that can benefit the company and our community. 

Host a "Support for Ukraine" campaign for a month, in which you give us the option for all premium & silvers bought to be donated to the Red Cross (or other organizations currently involved in helping our refugees, take your pick really, there's a lot of them at the moment) operating near Ukrainian borders to help out refugees. 

Pros = obvious monetary help to war refugees, all wurmians would participate doing the right thing, the company would benefit as well for showing support for people in need.

This can directly or indirectly result in a lot of people resubbing for a noble goal. 

What do you say Game Chest Group? 

Or perhaps the lead dev or team leader of Wurm can forward this suggestion to the owners? 

Wurmians, what do you think? 

Edited by elentari

I am sure that your idea has been made with the very  best of intent, however I would respectfully say that as someone who has relations living in the conflict zone of both nationalities (Russian and Ukrainian) that I come to play Wurm in order to relax and escape the awful news and it is for this reason that I will continue to pay my 'monthly dues' as my way of thanking Wurm for allowing a little bit of escapism.

If players and / or Game Chest wish to donate to the wonderful Red Cross or similar organisations then they can do that directly and hopefully their money can be used to help the Ukrainian, Russian and all the other nationalities who have been affected but I think we should try to keep out of politics.

My views may not be popular to some but they are said with the very best of intentions hoping that the fighting can stop as soon as is possible.

• Like 6

I estimated one such possible response. And yes, my suggestion was made in honest intent, the money wouldn't obviously go to buying guns or anything like that but to help families that are right now unable to live in a safe area.