Sign in to follow this  
Sonnyboy

Showing progress of building

Hello,

Is it posible to show the progress of building an big ship or colossus?

Like you see a bit more of the project after you have done 1/4 of it, half way if you have done 1/2 of the project.

So the progess has 4 staps you see.

Now you see the start and when its done you see the finished item.

When building houses you see it grow by every wall you put up.

Dont know if it can be done, but it shows more then only the start of building

Its just an idea, thanks

• Like 6

+1  i love this idea

sailing by and seeing a colossus 1/4 done, next time you sail by you see it is half done - i think that would be very nice!

would actually also be encouraging to the builder to see some progress along the way too, instead of just the basic unfinished colossus and then 4k items later *boom* completed one.

good luck with that, normally these are done in 1-2 days :)

it's not that hard to chop the finished statue and roughen up the slice.. putting some of that black flame/smoke whatever effect used at rift resources, that will likely make some keep unfinished colossuses for just that :D 

• Like 1

Well mining the shards , making the bricks, digging the clay, took me 4 days already.

Then starting the colossus, well if you have 24 hours a day to add the bricks and the clay and you mason is high maby in a day its done.

But making the colossus takes me 4 days at least.

Unsure how long it took to gather the resources(definitely few hours, roughly 1-2h per 1k gather or processing shards to bricks), I used roughly ql50-60 bricks, some slightly lower ql(40), 85 masonry skill, and woa enchanted clay, it sure took a while, but I don't think it took more than a day or 2, as in sessions, exact hours, no clue, it was a while ago..

That's if you're prepared to make it fast, otherwise could take week/s. It's not something you'd like to do with low skill and/or materials.

Edited by Finnn

+1 from me, would love to see progress on the larger items, like ships, colossus, etc

So maybe like an interface you see with making a bridge, where it shows you sections? That could definitely be helpful.

• Like 2

I like the idea of seeing the progress, gets my vote

+1 Yes! It often feels like you're getting no where (visually speaking) when constructing these. It really would be nice to actually see some progress without number counting.