Sign in to follow this  
Ricowan

[RELEASE] Rico's mods - ChirpInfo, PersistCropTick

ChirpInfo  This simple server-side mod will display the time to the next farm tick (chirp) when a player logs in, and adds the commands /chirp /nextchirp and /nextcrop to display the updated time to next tick during play.

All three commands do the same thing, they are synonyms to help players remember.

NOTE: This mod calculates the time to next tick differently than PersistCropTick and should not be used on the same server.

Example output:

Crops will need tending in about 3 hours 30 minutes.

https://github.com/Ricoware/WurmUnlimited-Chirp-Info/releases

PersistCropTick  This mod stores the last crop tick in the mod database, and reads the value in when the server is restarted.  This means that the crop tick timing persists over server restarts.  If you have set the crop tick to happen at noon, and you have the "field growth time" set to 12 hours, your server will see the crop tick at noon and midnight every day no matter when the server was last restarted.

NOTE: This mod calculates the time to next tick differently than ChirpInfo and should not be used on the same server.

Example output:

Crops will need tending in about 3 hours 30 minutes.

This mod has two options in the .properties file: usePlayerCommand and useLoginDisplay.

The player commands /chirp /nextchirp /nexttick and /nextcrop are available if the option "usePlayerCommand" is set to true, which is the default.  

The player will be shown the next crop tick on login automatically if the "useLoginDisplay" option is set to true, which is the default.

A GM command is also available with this mod, for GM's with power level 4 or higher.  /setCropTickNow will reset the server's crop tick to the current time plus one second.  If you're near a crop when you use this command you will hear the chirp.  From that point on, your server crops will be tendable at that point in time and at every "field growth time" period after that.  

https://github.com/Ricoware/WurmUnlimited-PersistCropTick/releases

Edited by Ricowan
Converting this thread to showcase all of my public mods.
  • Like 3

Nice idea. Any chance of adding a /crops or /croptick command option, as that feels more intuitive to my player group?

Yes, I can add those in the next update (not sure exactly when that will be though).  Kind of makes you wish there was an /alias command huh.

I've updated the ChirpInfo mod to add "/nextcrop" to the command aliases.  Nothing else changed, so if you don't need the new alias you don't need to update.

• Like 1

We are loving this on Sitheil. Who knew it could be such a luxury?  Thanks again for making this great little mod.

I've updated the first post to showcase all of my public mods.  More to come!

• Like 1

I can't see how the GM sets the time for the PersistCropTick mod.  There is nothing in the properties file, so what tells it when you want the crop ticks to persist to?  For example, we want ours to be every 2 hours, on the odd hour.  Not sure how to make that happen.  @Ricowan

As a GM character with power level 4 or 5, logged in on the server at the time you want the farming tick cycle to being, type /setCropTickNow

You should hear the chirp or crickets sound after a second.  Using the /nextchirp commands after that should show the new cycle.

• Like 1

PersistCropTick mod appears to be working great for ground crops, but is ignoring crops in planters.  @Ricowan

It looks like only field crops are controlled by the Field Growth Time setting.  Planters, trellises, etc. have a completely separate system where each object has it's own growth timer.  Not entirely sure yet... I'll investigate but no promises I can do anything about it.

17 hours ago, Ricowan said:

It looks like only field crops are controlled by the Field Growth Time setting.  Planters, trellises, etc. have a completely separate system where each object has it's own growth timer.  Not entirely sure yet... I'll investigate but no promises I can do anything about it.

These are items and not tiles. So it is likely that they work via item polling.

On 2/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, Ricowan said:

PersistCropTick  This mod stores the last crop tick in the mod database, and reads the value in when the server is restarted.  This means that the crop tick timing persists over server restarts.  If you have set the crop tick to happen at noon, and you have the "field growth time" set to 12 hours, your server will see the crop tick at noon and midnight every day no matter when the server was last restarted.

NOTE: This mod calculates the time to next tick differently than ChirpInfo and should not be used on the same server.

THIS! I thank you very much for this. Our server restarts fairly often during event phases and people always have been bitching about their crops ( we use a crop timer of 24 hours so... yeah.)!

• Like 1