Sign in to follow this  
Yldrania

People Can Take Stuff On-Deed Without Permission

So @brattygirlbrought stuff to my deed about a year ago and just came to visit today and she can still pick up the things she dropped for me, even though it's been a year and no permissions exist to give her permission to take them. 

Can add more information if required and bratty said she can find the logs of when she dropped them off should that be necessary.

• Like 1

Just now, fencejumper said:

Was this inside a building? or just on deed?

This was just on deed. Outside any buildings.

Could she only pick up the items she'd dropped off for you last time? Might be something to do with prox perms; if you haven't interacted with the items since she dropped them, the game may still think they're hers and so when she's close, she can pick them up again. I sometimes I encounter what I assume is the same/a similar thing regarding perms with crates someone has loaded into my boats. I can't rename them because they're not 'mine' yet, but if I unload them, then I can - I think maybe interacting with them triggers an ownership transfer mechanic on the back end.

Last owner can generally pick up things they dropped on deed, it's how impalongs function without too much disturbance. Have you picked the items up since them being dropped off?

intended.. as she is the owner of the dropped the item; some deed permission overwrites this and only villagers can do it, unsure which, but you have either only villagers to be able to do things ondeed or allow other to drop items.. with 2nd case.. "outsiders" keep the ownership

in addition I can drop/unload any kind of item on/offdeed(as long I am allowed to do at least that) and then push it ondeed or from outside of a building into arched wall -> inside a house(as long there's no locked door)

this is not really breaking anything, just allows me to interact with MY objects that I've placed, it's just weird behavior non the less :) 

Edited by Finnn