Sign in to follow this  
LoneWanderer

Does any of this stuff still work?

Just started getting back into the game and was wondering, based on how old these posts are, if anything in here actually still works?

Really wish the devs would make some tools for wurm unlimited. 

1 minute ago, Chihuahua said:

What do you mean

The tools on here, API, Map Generators, Mods. Do they still work with the current release of Wurm Unlimited?

If you mean the second statement. As far as I know Code Club (I think that's the Developer) never released a map generator, API, Documentations or anything at all to help modders. If I'm wrong about this please let me know. 

14 minutes ago, LoneWanderer said:

The tools on here, API, Map Generators, Mods. Do they still work with the current release of Wurm Unlimited?

Many/most stuff still works as well as it ever did.  We have a custom map from this generator, though I'm sure others are still working fine:

We also run a big stack of mods, BIG.  Some of them you have to scroll closer to the end of the thread to find updated links, but those get you what you need. 

Not all mods play nicely with others. We've found that we need to "balance" them - omit those who interact badly with others.

Once you get your mix working, though, you can run several dozens of mods without problems.

That’s good to hear. I did try using another map generator and it just crashed when I tried to start up the server. Ended up just using the creative map. 

I’d like to try my hand at making my own mods. Been coding for years but not much Java. Not that I’ve ever made a mod for anything. It sounds like fun to learn though. 

• Like 1