Sign in to follow this  
Deyjan

Memorial Plans for Chaosmeow

Hello all,

I know it's been a few days since I said I'd keep you posted about Chaos's memorial. I apologize for the delay, I've been rather sick and it's reduced my energy considerably. 

So, about the memorial. I know a lot of people have been hitting myself and Lyarza up about it. We've been talking about it quite a bit and this is what we've come up with thus far. (be prepared, this is going to be lengthy. the TLDR is at the bottom)

Where:

Lya thinks it's fitting to have Chaos's memorial on the water so more people could see it as they sail by.  I have a plot of land on the water that I've donated and decided to re-name it to Resting Chaos.  It's right next door to Port Crescendo on the Cadence server, which is a bonus because Chaos had many friends there as well. So, that takes care of the question: where will it be built? On Cadence @ Resting Chaos P15 - Map is at the bottom of this post. (please note that the deed is not yet on the highway. It will be linked into it within the coming days.)

As for what we plan to do with the site, Lya and I sailed around on the water, looking at the deed to get a feel for where it would be best to construct a Pylon in Chaos's name. We cleared the area and started a Pylon just to test the waters on how difficult it might be to attach materials. As it turns out, it shouldn't be -too- difficult for someone of 40ish Masonry to help out with attaching materials if they wish to.  We also started a marble bridge that will lead from the edge of the water up to the Pylon. 

In time, we'd like to decorate the area with nice hedges, benches, and things of that sort just to dress it up a bit. All of that is still currently undecided.

Donations: 
Several people have been asking to help with this project in any way possible and I think that's wonderful. Our goal is to make it so that anyone who wants to participate in this memorial is welcome to do so.  The idea is to include anyone who wants to help, regardless of skill level. No material QL for the Pylon is too low, as I and several others in the area are extremely high in Masonry. If you send it, I can nearly guarantee you that it'll be attached. The idea is not to be the most optimal with this, but to be the most inclusive. I think Chaos would have been overwhelmed and so proud of the idea that so many people would do something like this for her... so I'll see to it that everyone gets a shot at participating as much as I can.

If you wish to participate, there are several ways for you to help.

We'll need the materials for a Pylon, found here: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Pylon

We'll also need marble bricks for the bridge leading up to the Pylon. (Roughly 1550).

I know this game has many talents outside of Masonry and we don't want to leave people out who have talents in other skills so we're also asking for several golden, hanging lamps (roughly 30 but if we get more, we'll work with it!) to keep the place well-lit at night.  We're also thinking about adding about 4-6 wooden benches. We're open to other suggestions for décor but we want to keep the place looking fairly free of clutter so please keep that in mind.

If you find yourself wanting to donate something but these particular items aren't your forte, you can also visit the deed and donate coin to the upkeep. Please do NOT feel obligated to do this, as I've made sure this monument isn't going anywhere for years. However, if you'd like to help make sure it stands until the wurm servers one day close down, please feel free!  Every iron coin adds up!

lastly, on donations, I'm toying with the idea of placing an LMC at the site where people can perhaps leave a note on an item of meaning to them and leave it there for Chaos. I'd love to hear everyone's feedback about this. is it a good idea? Would you leave an item?  PM me on the forum or join Discord and let me know. https://discord.gg/bD8t5gvRWQ

If you'd like to set up a donation and send it ahead of time, please send it to Deyjan or Lyarza in-game via wagoner.  Any items we receive that are unused on the monument will be donated to Port Crescendo so that they can continue to make Chaos proud through all the building that takes place on their large deed.

Also, if you do donate, please leave a reply here or in the discord channel we've set up letting us know what you wish to donate and the Qty so we don't get extreme overkill on gifting.

---

When:

We'd like to try and start building on the memorial on Saturday, March 5th around 12 CST.  That said, Please feel free to come when best suits your schedule. 

Thank you all for your time. If you have further questions or ideas, please feel free to PM me on the forums or hit us up in Discord. Just know that I work in the day so my replies will be limited. I look forward to working with everyone to make this memorial for our good friend, Chaosmeow. 

233d6952234771062929f25ef6b4184b.jpg

TLDR:  
Where: Resting Chaos on the Cadence Server (will be linked to the highway soon)

When: March 5th @ 12 CST

What: Pylon Building, Bridge Building

Discord channel for organizing: https://discord.gg/bD8t5gvRWQ

Donations: Materials for a Pylon, a Marble Bridge, Wooden Benches, Golden Hanging Lamps.  Please post what you intend to donate, then set up a Wagoner Delivery to Lyarza or Deyjan. You can also donate time at the build by attaching materials or coin at the deed token for upkeep if you wish to go that route.

• Like 9

Let me know what type of wood you would like for the benches and I can get it for you from my tree farm. Also, if you do choose to do hedges, I can also start collecting sprouts from the same farm. I have all bushes and trees available.

• Like 1

Thank you Deyjan for organizing this. I’m your next door eastern neighbor (Keystone) and willing and able to assist in any way I can. Sending you a forum PM. Looking forward to working with you on this.

• Like 1

My masonry is pretty high; I'll be there to help. Thank you for organizing this!

• Like 1

I will happily donate some clay (was thinking a large crate full, to allow others the opportunity to be able to donate also as she was loved by many) -- I only met her once (at the cast before last of Holy Crop) and she was lovely, helped arrange for me to be teleported there, and gave me a lift back to Sonata at lighting speed on those insane hell-horses of hers (we chatted about how jealous I was of them :) ) - she was a lovely person and the community is poorer for her passing.

If you need more volunteers to actually help build it, please reach out to either myself or my RL hubby Moteandbailey - we would be happy to help!

• Like 2

@Deyjan Thank you for organising this. I will be donating all of the proceeds from below sale to the Chaosmeow Memorial Deed upkeep.

Cheers. 

• Like 7

I'm sending a couple of large crates of marble bricks and plan to come help attach my masonry is pretty high.

• Like 1

I would be happy to donate a few large crates of marble bricks and mortar or come down and build the whole dang bridge if you want.

Let me know what I can do, and I will do it. 

• Like 1

I placed 500 brass lumps and 100 stone slabs by the planned bridge.  Anything further that is needed, please don't hesitate to ask.  

• Like 1

I wanted to give everyone an update on the memorial.  

First, let me say that this has been exactly what I had hoped would happen. Everyone is coming together in their own ways to make this memorial about one person, Chaosmeow. Everyone has been selfless, giving, friendly, warm and understanding. It's brought some people together that may have never otherwise met and even some veterans who aren't online as much have stopped by to donate. This memorial for Chaos has been nothing short of wonderful and I think she'd be extremely proud and honored.

As for the materials needed, I think we're pretty much set on everything except for 600 clay.  If someone would like to donate some, you're more than welcome to. If you're busy or can't, that's okay too. I think Lya and I can manage digging 600 clay pretty easily!  Permissions at Resting Chaos for right now are set to where anyone can drop off or unload items on the deed but please be careful because you'll not be able to re-load it once you do.  Please leave your name on any crate you drop off so that I can send it back to you once next weekend is over.

Other notes:

• There was a LMC donated and we've set up permissions where you can leave a keepsake in it for Chaos if you'd like to.  Feel free to name it, leave a message on it.. or just put it in the bin. Whatever feels right for you.  We've also tested it out and nobody will be able to remove the item you've placed (with exception of myself and lyarza) so rest assured, it'll be safe if you wish leave anything.
  • As for food, Lyarza has said that she will be supplying some of her fantastic pizzas for the people who want to partake in the making of the Pylon. There's also access to fresh water and a mailbox at the site. 
  • If you're traveling by boat, feel free to dock anywhere you can on the side of the deed where the dock is or fairly close to it. I'd like to get a photo of everyone once the memorial is complete and I'd prefer to leave the boats out of the shot lol.

I look forward to seeing you all there at the site next weekend.  I plan to be on around 12CST and will be inviting people to a team so that everything goes fairly smoothly with permissions.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to hit me up in game, discord or here on the forums in a PM. I'll do my best to see you're taken care of.

Thank you again for your time,

Deyjan/Aerith

I am extremely saddened by Chaosmeow's passing.  She was a valued member of my team FUNK, and a good friend.

I can donate the remaining 600 clay, and anything else that's needed.

There will be a public slaying of a Troll King on Melody on Friday in her honor.  I will link people to this memorial from the slaying post

I will do my best to make it there Saturday and hopefully will be able to help in the building. However, my grandmother requested my presence and help with her heart monitor that day. If I am not able to attend, perhaps I may make a couple horse statues to be placed on the deed? I am not sure how long I will be away and at what time, nor what the turnout will look like and therefore the time required to finish the projects. I am also the one who dropped the random unfinished pillar thing. Do with it as you will or toss it. I had forgotten it was in my inventory and was riding along with it for no telling how long. 😆

On 2/25/2022 at 6:19 PM, Pantha said:

@Deyjan Thank you for organising this. I will be donating all of the proceeds from below sale to the Chaosmeow Memorial Deed upkeep.

Cheers. 

As promised: 

[16:28:17] You pay 65 silver to the upkeep fund of Resting Chaos.

The memorial deed looks really nice. 

Well done. 

• Like 2