Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

Taking a break

Hi everyone,

Following the latest political changes in my home country and today's mobilization order, I'll travel back home and enlist, which may very likely mean that I won't be able to log in for the foreseeable future, so if you don't see me online know that it is expected.

I already made sure that my deeds upkeep is paid for many months in advance, I cared for the most important animals and gave away the others and moved my most important tools and items on personal and merchant inventory.

Any other advices as how to best secure my belongings?

Edited by Bloodreina
  • Like 2

Hey Bloodreina, 

Stay safe out there, awaiting the day you return to continue our random chats :) 

Also depending on how long you will be away remember the following regarding merchants, I'd rather suggest get an extra alt and prem it and store it on there.

• If you don't log in to the same server as the merchant for 3 months (90 days), the merchant may leave or be forced to leave with all the items and coins in his/her inventory.
  • If the merchant has been empty of inventory for 3 months (90 days), it will disband.
  • If the owner of a merchant is no longer registered in the Wurm system, it will disband.
  • A disbanded merchant will leave behind a sign stating they have moved on due to poor business, and all items and coins will be returned to the contract owner inside a backpack through the mail that has an expiry time of 6 months.
  • If an item doesn't fit in the backpack, the contract owner will receive it separately in the mail.
  • Like 4

While I do hope you're staying safe, above all I hope you get out of this mess unscathed.

But I also hope your country does, so you and its citizens can enjoy the privileges of freedom and democracy as they have been done before.

Know that out there in the west, there's a small country, partially below sea level where you're welcome and will find shelter if needed. Even giving you access to your Wurm account there, though  that may be the least of your concerns at that time. ;) 

Wishing you all the best and hope to see you at some point again.

Thorin :) 

• Like 3

My utmost respect to you, I am genuinely angered it has come to this and wish you the best in these moments of turbulence and hardship.

I simply wish we actually did more to prevent this, so please stay safe and be well.

• Like 2

Hey I missed your message yesterday. I really hope you do stay safe and things settled quick.

To make sure your stuff will stay safe, Id revoke all deed perms anyone has right now. Unless you got a very trusted person, that you want to look after things. On top of that, anything you cant hold in your  inventory put in a magcal chest inside a building.

• Like 2

As I've been praying for all Ukranians..... Give em hell.

Godspeed and we're praying for you.

• Like 1

Stay safe, friend.  Know we haven't talked much, but know we're with ya!

Glory to Ukraine!

It's scary that we live in a world where a 15 year old girl from the Netherlands has to be called into military service in Ukraine.  This is honestly such a wild world that we live in.  I really hope the best for you and that you stay safe!!!

• Cat 6

11 hours ago, KarlFranz said:

It's scary that we live in a world where a 15 year old girl from the Netherlands has to be called into military service in Ukraine.  This is honestly such a wild world that we live in.  I really hope the best for you and that you stay safe!!!

You wanted to be a smart a$$, but honestly you're just a big a$$hole if that's the kind of trolling, toxic message.

As you can see from this post, I was 17 in 2020 and since in the real world people get older, not younger, with each passing here, you can easily see that I'm definitely not 15. Also I mentioned my location and origin multiple times (even is said post), and I never ever had any connection with Netherlands.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

9 hours ago, Bloodreina said:

You wanted to be a smart a$$, but honestly you're just a big a$$hole if that's the kind of trolling, toxic message.

As you can see from this post, I was 17 in 2020 and since in the real world people get older, not younger, with each passing here, you can easily see that I'm definitely not 15. Also I mentioned my location and origin multiple times (even is said post), and I never ever had any connection with Netherlands.

I'm very confused now, since the context of this post makes it seem like a hasty mobilization due to the Russo-Ukranian war, so i'm digging.

Based on that post, you're Molodvan, and afaik Moldova isn't involved in the Russo-Ukranian war, nor can I find news on them mobilizing - nor is Moldova a NATO country who would be reinforcing as part of the increase in Eastern European deployments.

But this post states that you live in Romania, who also isn't mobilizing as far as Google can tell me.

Of course, I don't know you or Eastern Europe well, but that's already pretty suspicious, unless Romania allows students to enlist in NATO on its behalf.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit
  • Like 1

I can say only that I wish Bloodreina all the best as a precious community member, and wish that s/he comes out unharmed from the quagmire.

Yet, though I understand Bloodreina's feelings, I deeply frown upon those fanning the flames, I don't want to name, but ashamably even a team member is among them.

Do you forget that Wurm is an international community, hosting people from many countries, so probably both sides of the conflict? And that taking sides is always dangerous?

I do not want to elaborate further, but fanning that conflict inside the Wurm community is the most stupid thing to do. I hope the war will end soon, and Bloodreina come back.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Brython said:

I'm very confused now, since the context of this post makes it seem like a hasty mobilization due to the Russo-Ukranian war, so i'm digging.

Based on that post, you're Molodvan, and afaik Moldova isn't involved in the Russo-Ukranian war, nor can I find news on them mobilizing - nor is Moldova a NATO country who would be reinforcing as part of the increase in Eastern European deployments.

But this post states that you live in Romania, who also isn't mobilizing as far as Google can tell me.

Of course, I don't know you or Eastern Europe well, but that's already pretty suspicious, unless Romania allows students to enlist in NATO on its behalf.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:10 PM, Bloodreina said:

My name is Octavia and I'm an 18 years old (so no longer a jail bait - lol) girl from Moldova (a small ex-soviet country from the Eastern Europe), but I'm now living and studying in Romania (a slightly bigger country also in Eastern Europe), so besides English, I also speak Romanian, Ukrainian and Russian.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:27 PM, Bloodreina said:

Following the latest political changes in my home country and today's mobilization order, I'll travel back home and enlist, which may very likely mean that I won't be able to log in for the foreseeable future, so if you don't see me online know that it is expected.

Quotes from this post and the post you linked. Just read the bolded words and you should easily understand.

Also to understand how it affects my country google about the troops movements in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria

Anyway, I doubt that's the place for a political discussion. I just wanted to let my friends know that I won't be online and that it is planned and to ask how I can secure my belongings. I didn't asked for sympathy, support or anything else, so I honestly can't understand how I end up being judge about it.

Anyway, that's honestly the last thing I care about right now, so whatever... if that's the way you feel is fair to act, then all good by me. Hope you can live with yourselves.

Edited by Bloodreina
  • Like 2

Once upon a time, long long ago, way before many of you were not even born...
I married a ukrainean man, to help him and his family out of Sovietunion.
The fact that he lived in Leningrad didn't remove his origine.

I read up: Transistria is a land that was previusly in Ukraine.

In 2004 28,8% of the 550000 inhabitants spoke ukranean.
Due to unrests, (also the war of -92), and lack of work, more than 200 000 people moved (prior to -04), mainly to Kiev and Moscow.

@BloodreinaI feel for you and your people and any people that have to defend their land. I keep the ukranean people in my thoughts.

• Like 2

It looks like what needs saying here, has been said.  I'd also rather this not turn into a political debate, as this isn't the place for that.  I'm therefore locking this thread.

Pandalet (LFM)

• Like 4