Sign in to follow this  
Vorticella

The option to uncover wagons

While using third person camera view, the wagon cover takes up a large portion of the screen, giving us a view something like this:

unknown.png

Wagoners have a much better view on their wagons! Wouldn't this be nice?

unknown.png

My suggestion is to add the option to right click a wagon and "Uncover" to transform it to this model, and then "Cover" to switch back to the covered version. The uncovered model is already in the game, so there would be no need to create a new item.

While taking these screenshots I happened to notice that the creature transporter seems to have the same basic model as the wagon without the top, except it has a shorter front bar since it only uses two animals. This would be a much clearer view, but then it really looks like a different vehicle. Personally I lean towards keeping the upper frame because I find it kind of charming and it's more distinct as a wagon, but I'm curious to know what others think about that possibility :)  

unknown.png

• Like 19

Personally, I think more open is better. That said anything is better than the current one that makes it very hard to use. Great suggestion!

• Like 5

I would love the ability to do this. Not only because of the visibility issues (now forcing you to go into first person mode when driving a wagon so you can actually see ahead of you) but also to give players yet another way to customize their experience!

• Like 7

I would love this, i know many of my alliance also crave uncovered wagons too :)

Would be a nice little feature 

• Like 3

Handling a wagon in 3rd person is almost impossible, in the long run only 1st person is a viable option. This suggestion or similar would be really nice for me that many uses 3rd person. Only time I'm not, is on a wagon. Or divinating/looking 😜 for my horse

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bunnlose said:

Handling a wagon in 3rd person is almost impossible, in the long run only 1st person is a viable option. This suggestion or similar would be really nice for me that many uses 3rd person. Only time I'm not, is on a wagon. Or divinating/looking 😜 for my horse

yeah, even tho it is not ideal, I still do 3rd person, unless in low ceiling mines.

Not sure what OP thinks about this, but at least for me, it does not matter if this is synched to server, and other clients, or if it is just a local model change / override.

• Like 1

I would even go a step further and make upper cover on wagon removable/replaceable so we can switch from one pmk design to another/ or have our own custom colored one  in a blink of an eye on the same wagon(maybe add few simple designs from couple components we can custom paint like new bardings. Covers won't be destroyed on removal ofc but would work as separate item which we can use over again. PMKs could sell only tops instead of whole wagons that we can put on our own wagon of whatever rarity or wood type we prefer

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I would even go a step further and make upper cover on wagon removable/replaceable so we can switch from one pmk design to another/ or have our own custom colored one  in a blink of an eye on the same wagon(maybe add few simple designs from couple components we can custom paint like new bardings. Covers won't be destroyed on removal ofc but would work as separate item which we can use over again. PMKs could sell only tops instead of whole wagons that we can put on our own wagon of whatever rarity or wood type we prefer

This would certainly add a new layer of customisation to wagons

10 hours ago, Drogos said:

Not sure what OP thinks about this, but at least for me, it does not matter if this is synched to server, and other clients, or if it is just a local model change / override.

I think it's better if everyone sees the same thing. It would add some more variety to the world and I don't know if anyone really rides wagons as passengers but that would prevent them from being able to see the open version. However, if having it sync to the server would make it significantly harder to implement then making it local just for the sake of visibility when driving would be ok.

Speaking of riding on wagons, can we also ride along as a passenger on wagoners please? That would be so much fun :D 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vorticella said:

Speaking of riding on wagons, can we also ride along as a passenger on wagoners please? That would be so much fun :D 

I think it is not really possible as wagoners are "cheating" on the long hauls :P

EDIT: Option to curl up the cover - like ship sails or such would be nice

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, kochinac said:

Yes for modular wagons!

Since the uncovered wagoneer model has no item clutter, this also gave me the idea that it could give us the option to, for example, install two shipbuilding seats in a wagon, to be able to transport more people at once. Over sea we are able to transport many at once, though over land we are limited to only three at most. Edit: at the cost of cargo space of course.

Edited by Rishy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

I think it is not really possible as wagoners are "cheating" on the long hauls :P

EDIT: Option to curl up the cover - like ship sails or such would be nice

Yeah I would be very surprised if it was possible but it would be super fun if it was :D 

Having the cover curled up is a nice idea! I suggested using the wagoner one because that model already exists in game and would work fine without needing any new artwork and modeling etc, so hopefully it would be relatively easy to implement :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Vorticella said:

Wagoners have a much better view on their wagons! Wouldn't this be nice?

Except when wagoner start to drive the wagon it get coverd just like ours :( 

14 hours ago, Vorticella said:

My suggestion is to add the option to right click a wagon and "Uncover" to transform it to this model, and then "Cover" to switch back to the covered version.

yes please :)

• Like 2

I completely support this, 3rd person view is useless on a wagon. Have the option to remove the canvas or even a new type of wagon is much needed.

Edited by TKerr
clarity
  • Like 1

Well they finally added it, as a skin for 15s after the Black Friday sale. This nonsense with the shop is spoiling the game for me.. it just isn't fun anymore when they do it like this :(

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vorticella said:

Well they finally added it, as a skin for 15s after the Black Friday sale. This nonsense with the shop is spoiling the game for me.. it just isn't fun anymore when they do it like this :(

This is the reason I quit the game.

Literally nobody on this thread asked for a 15s uncovered wagon skin.

• Like 1