Sign in to follow this  
Zaymin

Export/Backup Wurm Online to Wurm Unlimited?

just a funny thought, but was wondering if it is possible to save and export my Current Wurm Online server info like my immediate area (indy) and save generate that into a Wurm Unlimited server? sorry not sure techinal lingo..but long time fan of WO and would love to preserve my area even if means private server.

While you wait for an answer from someone who knows about this stuff, I just wanted to make sure you know that you can preserve your deed itself just to view and walk around in again on DeedPlanner. It's not WU and not playable, but you can continue building, terraforming, and enjoying your deed for years to come, and can even share the file with friends so they can see what you've been working on. You probably already know about this, but just in case you don't:

- right click settlement token, choose Show village plan, then Export

- load the resulting .map file into one of the DeedPlanner tools 

I use this DeedPlanner:  

• Like 2

In theory it is possible to export your deed in Wurm Online via the deed planner feature and import it into Wurm Unlimited, but that would require a bigger mod.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 9:15 AM, Batta said:

While you wait for an answer from someone who knows about this stuff, I just wanted to make sure you know that you can preserve your deed itself just to view and walk around in again on DeedPlanner. It's not WU and not playable, but you can continue building, terraforming, and enjoying your deed for years to come, and can even share the file with friends so they can see what you've been working on. You probably already know about this, but just in case you don't:

- right click settlement token, choose Show village plan, then Export

- load the resulting .map file into one of the DeedPlanner tools 

I use this DeedPlanner:  

Thats good info.  thank you.  I recall friends talking about that program but i did not know you can actually export/  thanks!

On 2/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, Sklo:D said:

In theory it is possible to export your deed in Wurm Online via the deed planner feature and import it into Wurm Unlimited, but that would require a bigger mod.

Good ideas,  thanks guys