Sign in to follow this  
Deyjan

Sad News

Dear Wurmians...

With an extremely heavy heart, I write to let you know that the wonderful person known to everyone here as Chaosmeow has passed away.  

It's not my place to give specific details of her situation. However, I feel that Chaos meant a lot to many in the community here... and to not let each of you know would be a disservice. 

To those of you who didn't have the pleasure of knowing Chaos very well, let me assure you that she was absolutely an asset and friend of the community. I always knew her to go the extra mile when helping anyone, even if they were a complete stranger. In a nutshell, she was a kind and generous soul who loved this community greatly.

It boggled my mind how she kept up with all of you and it always made me grin to pass her on the highway as she made her way to your deeds to make a sale. Chaos was an adventurer. She was always on the go, always making a sale... always out exploring or hunting... always making the most of wurm. It's safe to say that life around Chaos was never dull. 

I already miss her greatly. It's a really strange and somber feeling to be working on my deed while knowing I won't see my neighbor returning from the latest adventure anymore ...it hurts, friends. It hurts a lot...

As for what comes next, I've spoken with another super cool person in the community, our very own Baeowuf. He's made some fine suggestions on things we could do to make a memorial for Chaos. Right now, the details are few but we have some ideas in the works. I will post again as things become more clear so that anyone who wants to participate in the building of a memorial has the chance to do so. All I really know for now is that the memorial will be built on her deed that is now being kept by her long-time best friend, Lyarza.

I'll keep you posted. 

Thank you for your time,

- Deyjan/Aerith of Midgar

• Like 15
  • Cat 1

This is out of sudden. She logged in two days ago.

I don't know her very well but i bought many wooden beams from her to build some nice buildings. Appreciate the works and helps of what she has done.

Hope her friends are doing okay since i saw her always went adventures with a couple of toons.

Edited by Coach
  • Like 4

It is always a sad day when one passes that is close to us, I did not know Chaos but I shall pray for all those that now mourn the loss. May you all find peace and comfort in this time.

• Like 4

I didn't know this person myself but condolences to everyone who did, as well as RL family and friends :(

• Like 4

This is such sad news.  😢

I first met Chaos when she approached me about taking over my old deed, the current location of Defiance Hill Farms.  During our conversations over the next few months she always made me laugh and it wasn't hard to tell she was a kind person.  She built and terraformed that location more than I could have ever dreamed of doing myself.  My God, so many horses!

This truly a sad day for the Wurm community.  May she rest in peace.  

Edited by Tukodama
  • Like 5

I'm very sad to hear, rest in peace Chaosmeow!

• Like 3

That's really sad to hear, I didn't know her  too well but she was wonderful to talk to. My condolences to her family and friends.

• Like 3

Really sorry to hear this, i hope all who knew her are ok in and out of Wurm.

Edited by Josuhacalvert
  • Like 4

Such sad news.

I did not have the pleasure of knowing her but I send my best wishes to all of her family and friends.

RIP Chaosmeow

• Like 4

My deepest condolences to both her RL family and wurm family. May she rest in peace.

• Like 2

Indeed , it's a very sad news. My condolences to her familly and friends.

• Like 1

Condolences as well from me. I didn't know Chaosmeow, but this thread makes me wish I did.

• Like 2

Chaosmeow was an amazing person, like a sister to me, and I'm gonna miss her dearly. If you have ever been to Defiance Hill Farms you would see her amazing collection of animals, she loved the animals so much. Seemed like everyday she would come back with some sort  of animal.  DHF is a little bit more empty now without her.  Its really hard to accept my friend is gone. I really wish she could see all the love she received from everyone. Thank you for the heartfelt messages and pms I've received. I just hope wherever she is there's tons of animals to give pats to. I love you Chaosmeow. Sleep well my friend....

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

Hello, I reactivated an old account from long ago Chaosmeow and I used to play together on in SFI. I'm Chaosmeow's husband Minoman. I started playing Wurm on Cadence again and in less than a week, my wife wanted to come back to the game and play together. Next thing I know her friend Lyarza and my father Mockey are playing with us and we built a fairly large deed near our current deed. Within a few months we joined Port Crescendo and not long after took over Tukodama's deed. We quickly went to work terraforming and building it out from there. Chaosmeow loved crafting, building, and exploring. She took a great amount of pride in everything wanting to be exactly the way she wanted and if it wasn't, she changed it no matter how much work it took. She shared with me some screenshots just a few days before passing of some renovations she was doing at PC with Perseii and she was ecstatic.

On a personal note, she was always highly supportive of me in whatever I decided I wanted to do ingame, in real life with my work as a career, or just with my free time. Even in times when I felt like no one was in my corner, she was right there cheering me on telling me she believed in me. I couldn't have asked for a better wife, life partner, best friend, or partner in crime. I relied on her in so many ways 10 years ago before we met I didn't think were possible. Now I feel simply empty with half of my life being gone in just a few minutes. I carry on to honor her memory and do the things we wanted to do, see the places we wanted to see, and accomplish the things we wanted. It still hurts, but she still gives me strength even now to get out of bed and do the things that need doing, along with plan for my future.

The amount of love and support here, on discord, and on our facebook pages has been astounding. I know she would've loved to have seen it and would've been shocked. I don't think she realized the amount of people's lives she touched in a positive way ingame and in real life even though I always liked to remind her of that often. The memorials that have been made, bridges renamed in her memory is also absolutely touching.

Thank you everyone for your love and support.

• Like 23

Sorry for your loss, and really wonderful of you to reach out and honor her community here.  I wish you all the best with healing and living with the loss. 

• Like 2

She was an amazing lady with a heart of GOLD. We lost a great human being and friend. We had just started a new project at Port Crescendo and she jumped right in there helping with coordinating materials and digging and was so excited about it. We miss ya Chaos. Like Deyjan stated, she indeed loved to help everyone.

• Like 3

Devastating news. I really didn't know Chaosmeow but talked with her a few times and saw her in local a lot as I live in the area. Godspeed to you Chaos.

Edited by Junasi
  • Like 1

It pains me to know that Ill never see her online anymore as she is normally the first person I PM to see what she got her self into that day with it may be a project or traveling to find animals to bring back, as she will never be forgotten. She was such a wonderful friend towards me and shared quiet a good bit of laughs thru in-game. She is truely a amazing person and I am greatful to have known her thru the times on Wurm and random convos withen the game. She was and always has been the first to jump and help someone in need or with a allience project. There will never be a day that you wont cross my mind, especuially when I go past Defiance Hill Farms as I always say when I go by when you are in local "Its just me, passing thru o/". My thoughts and prayers go to her family and friends thru these hard times losing such a AMAZING person with heart of GOLD!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Wishchild said:

Hello, I reactivated an old account from long ago Chaosmeow and I used to play together on in SFI. I'm Chaosmeow's husband Minoman.

@Wishchild

Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family.

I was fortunate enough to interact with Chaosmeow on many occasions and she was just a beautiful person. A huge loss to Wurm community and to so many of us. We will all miss her dearly. 

@Deyjan

Thank you for this thread. I wish to contribute to the memorial so please let me know what the plan is once you know. 

• Like 2

I'm very sorry for your loss. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Chaosmeow, but I send deepest condolences to her friends, and family.

• Like 1