Sign in to follow this  
Muse

QoL: Let animals choose to eat from bowl or trough rather than freshly planted seeds

I keep my horses on crops in a 10x7 tile field, and they are very happy.  They have a food trough in the centre as well, but they seldom need to use it as they prefer to eat the crops - which is how it should be.

When I harvest those crops, however, and replant with seeds, I get a lot of bald patches where the horses are digging up the seeds and eating them, I often have to go back and replant several times.

I know the seeds must be tasty, but it would be a great QoL help if animals would choose a bowl or trough with food in, in preference to the seeds. 

This would mean that if a horse was standing on some freshly planted seeds and got hungry, it would move over to the trough or bowl (if available) to eat first before resorting to eating seeds.

We would need a clause or change to the priority order for grazing when hungry:

1. Stood on seeds and sees full trough or bowl - walk over and use trough or bowl
  2. Stood on seeds with no full bowl or trough - move to another tile to graze OR eat seeds - depending on hunger level
  3. Stood on any other height of crops - eat crops
  4. Stood on bare tile and sees a full trough or bowl - use trough or bowl
  5. Stood on bare tile and no trough or bowl - move to another tile to graze

Just some ideas.  I think it would help a lot of farmers who have a small plot of land and need to have animals grazing on their crops.

• Like 1