Sign in to follow this  
DaletheGood

Consistency

Couple of things that are inconsistent in this game that bug me.

First is that each item of a wood type is slightly different. I have rooms full of only cedarwood, or maplewood, or whatever wood, and the bed is a different shade than the wardrobe, which is a different shade than the nightstand or dining table or the chair, or the small tripod table, etc. They all have just slightly different shading and textures. Probably because they were introduced into the game at different times and/or [insert some techno babble about skins and textures and possibly splines - whatever those are]. Point is I have no idea why they're different, but they are and that inconsistency is annoying.

Second is the distance for interaction with bsb's, bcu's, crates, crate racks, etc.  At a certain distance I can open a BCU and put things in it, but, depending on several factors, I can't pull things out of it, or transfer between two bulk storage containers. Additionally, and this really bugs me, if I'm on my wagon and pull up to a BCU, I can open it, but can't pull anything out. Without moving, if I merely disembark from the wagon by right-clicking the wagon, I can interact fully with the BCU. I theoretically didn't move as I didn't do the jump-disembark onto the middle of a nearby tile, I just am now standing exactly where I was when embarked. I literally have to be directly on top of the BCU when I'm in my wagon in order to pull things out of it. When standing on the ground, i can be up to a full tile away and interact fully with the BCU. (Note: I'm using a BCU as a reference as that's what I have a LOT of, but this is the same if it's a crate rack or a bsb on the ground.) Piles of items are for the most part fairly consistent in their interactivity distance. If I can open a pile of items i can grab them, and that distance is only slightly shorter when embarked on a wagon.

I'm sure there's other inconsistencies that bug some of you, but these are mine, so uh, please don't hijack this thread with yours (especially PVP-related, cause I don't care.)

• Like 3

How bout standing at the rear of a wagon like you was a passenger that just got off and can't reach inside the wagon.

• Like 1

Slate flooring in my mine doesn't match my slate bridges even if we pave them over. 

Slate Bridge railing doesn't line up with Slate fences. Etc. Lots of little things drive me nuts like that.

• Like 1