Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Personal Banning Stories

Here's a topic for people to state their stories of being banned. Please do not call into question the decision made by staff, but simply give your side of the story. This should be permissable as long as you don't question staff final decisions/rulings.

Here's my recent story.

I recently drew 30 days for questioning why I was not allowed to build a highway to my alliance mates deed. A highway route that was at least 50 tiles from anyone elses deed. Seems there's a rule in Wurm, that anyone can object to anyone else building stuff, even if it's not close to their deed. While making the highway, I was griefed (planted Cat's Eyes and Waystone tore up) and harassed in Local chat. That person after being called out for those things by staff, then put in a legitimate objection to my highway (an objection that I was never made aware of). I'd be happy to share the finer details of my banning, with anyone who wants them.

Send me a PM to discuss the issue of my highway building in Wurm.

Thank you

• Like 3

There is always more to a story than one person's side, and our policy is to not discuss these issues publicly out of the interest of protecting the persons involved. We could very well post every ban and every reason if we wished, but we feel that doing so would be detrimental to the community as a whole. When a ban is big enough or an offense is bad enough, we do make it known and will continue to do so. This is how it has been for a long time, and that will not change under my watch.

I will be locking this thread. I cannot think of any good that will come from it remaining open.

• Like 7