Sign in to follow this  
TheMacGregor

Flusswald

Download and install the Serverpacks mod. It will enable you to add mods that require new graphics, etc. 

[RELEASED] Client mod loader - Mods - Wurm Online Forum

It goes into your file:  <drive letter>:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\mods

Rules: Play well with others.
4096x4096
2x skill gain
10x action speed
Free deed, free guard, free expansion
Pay for upkeep both guard and tiles
Charactertistics start at 24
Crop timer is 4 hour ticks so about 1 day till ripe
80k creatures 40% aggressive

MODS:

Added 3/532022   Bulksort

Taxidermy

Added 3/3/2022   Boat Mod (all lead animals swim)

Meditate Mod

Sacrifice Mod (5% chance of rare bone when sacrificing)

Added 3/2/2022   Moonmetal Fix

Mycelium Fix

Added 3/1/2022   Mark and Recall (teleport using runes. create your own teleport network)

Added 2/28/2022 Bank Balance

Teleport to Spawn

Added 2/25/2022 Better Farming

Planters

Movemod (faster movement)

Dye Maker

Added 2/24/2022 Bag of Holding

Building Skill (increased x5 for buildings and bridges)

Tool Purchaser (another way to make coin)

More Potables

Pick More Sprouts (x3)

Added 2/23/2022 Fish Monger (another way to make coin)

3D by bdew

Added 2/20/2022 Treasure Hunting

Added 2/21/2022 Simple Concrete
Announcer
Betterdig
Bounty For Killing Mobs
Bounty For Burning Mob Bodies
Christmas
Combiner
Creature Age
Cropmod=Crops won't rot
Custom Wagons
Deed=Deeds are limited to 10,201 tiles. 2 deeds per Steam ID
Deed perimeters must be at least 50 tiles apart. A tent is not a deed.
Distant Rendering. Requires a client side mod to work.
Fire Burn Time
Harvest Helper
Hitchingpost
Inbreed Warning
More Craftables
One Tile Mining. Increased chance of surface mining success.
Salve
Server Map. Requires players to install Server Packs mod in their Wurm Unlimited/WurmLauncher/mod/serverpacks folder
Spellmod
Tent Sleep
Timerfix
Windmill
https://redirect.pingperfecthosting.com/8065270/mapviewer/#coords=926,1857&pointer=512,1627

THERE IS AN INGAME MAP OF THE SERVER. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by TheMacGregor

Very pretty! I love maps with lots of rivers/lakes. Makes for excellent exploration :D

Just joined up, nice map

The iron vein in the starter mine has run out already!

There are three veins. Evidently changing them with the wand gives time to few hits. They are good now plus two more. 

Edited by TheMacGregor

27 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

What is the "Salve" mod? Is there a voting bounty? 

Salve mod tells you what the strength and ingredients of a healing cover are.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

What is the "Salve" mod? Is there a voting bounty? 

No coins for votes. The player's combat rating modifier is set at 3 so killing mobs isn't very hard. And you get a copper for burning the corpse. So it's bounty for the kill plus a copper for burning the corpse. You can sell at your deed token. Deeds are free. Expanding a deed is free. Guards are free. It's not all that difficult to earn coins for the upkeep. Of course if you have a massive deed it might take some time to earn upkeep. And you can use client-side mods that are in the mods section of the forum if you want. It's not really that difficult to maintain a fair sized plot of land.

15 hours ago, TheMacGregor said:

It's not really that difficult to maintain a fair sized plot of land.

Well, as long as you like combat :) 

Also gives some incentive+reminder for people to help raise the visibility of the server. Being high on the wurm-unlimited voting list catches the eye of a number of people looking for a server to join.

Could it be enough to be a deal-breaker for me? Hmm. Yes ... possibly.  Every server is different, every server MUST reflect the tastes of its admin, but I've played over 9000 hours on scores of WU servers, and I'll be danged if I am going to spend much of my time anymore doing the parts of the game I very much do not enjoy.  Many servers try to suit a wide variety of playstyles. Some will mostly cater to PVP. Some will cater to carebears. Some to high achievers, or to social types. Some cater to hunters and explorers. Some to fast skilling, and some to slow skilling.  Ultimately, all servers must reflect the best judgment of their admins, but yeah ... I guess in the end, it is a dealbreaker for me.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

There will be other ways to make coin but is using bribes just so you can be popular right? You have to do something in the game. And if you use bribes then why not just do away with upkeep all together? If you earn coin for upkeep by doing nothing then what's the point of having upkeep at all? It's just silly having upkeep if you can earn it simply by voting. I've been on many servers like that. It's just pointless having upkeep. So if you want a server where upkeep is active but you can earn it by doing nothing that's fine. There are plenty like that. I'd rather see people have some goals that have to be accomplished to earn upkeep. Otherwise I'd do away with it completely.

BTW, I've been playing this game since spring 2008. I would hate to calculate the number of hours I've whiled away watching a timer crawl across the screen. So a 10x timer but a 2x skill gain (was 1x). 😉

"You have to do something in the game"

I am always very busy in the game :) it just is rarely ever combat oriented.  Been in WO about same amount as WU (2010 here). In all my characters over all the servers, WO or WU, I rarely get above 20-30 fight skill. And in WO that was mostly from breeding 5 speed hellhorses for years, back when they were great XP.   I don't get bored, in Wurm.   Upkeep with alternate income sources makes great sense since it helps clean up the map from inactive players. People who are not actively playing, are not using up space. Voting and UBI sources make that possible while including all kinds of playstyles. unless you really really NEED to get that map cleared of monsters? Is that the important purpose for it, you have too many monsters?

I actually LOVE  😍  the 10x action timers, I thought it was 1x/10x but it did seem much faster skillgain than 1x. but really I loved the idea of a slow XP but fast action timer.  Probably my favorite thing in the time i spent there, that and the nifty map!    I ended up swimming up that little mountain ringed valley in the north and deeding there ("Wild Things"), was a wonderfully delicious  place to find. But was going to need a boat to make it workable so my first project was coalpiles since there is no easy access to clay nor tar up there, and you can pretty much only get there by swimming naked with an empty inventory. . Coalpiles for tar for boat for clay, then figure out how to get my beloved hellhorses into that wonderfully horrible inaccessible spot.  I loved the challenge. 

Challenge is more than just pure combat and whacking stuff with a sword. My next favorite types of servers are the ones where you start with nothing, no weapon or tools, not even a flint and steel. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Well like I said, there will be other ways to make coin. But voting is not in the cards. There are lots and lots of servers. I just got tired of them looking unnatural and if they looked natural they were some ridiculously low action timer so I just went ahead and made my own. I'll add mods a little at a time until I have a nice mix. I'm sure you have found several servers that fit your play style. Happy Wurming. 😉

Edited by TheMacGregor

Brash and I have played on MANY of the same servers, she is a great addition to any community :) I also love those hard starts lol. That said, I can understand the perspective on not paying for votes. I have never gotten by just on voting as I do like hunting, butchering for materials etc. I also forage a lot. Perhaps you could increase the foraging coin drop rate, or have them drop from other activities, is that even possible? It would give non-hunters a way to also earn upkeep coin and prosper. You had mentioned being able to sell to your token, so I assume gems found from mining can be sold? Selling to your token can add up to decent coin. I am super busy with little play time lately but am looking forward to continuing to explore this beautiful map and find a place to settle.

Easy money for deed upkeep. Tool buyer and fish monger in four locations around the map. A good group of people. Rune teleport with the ability to teleport with cart and led animals. Almost everything craftable. 

Added a Beast Summoner and built an arena for them.

Added a Gem Buyer.

More to come.

Edited by TheMacGregor