Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A Beautiful World (2022 Map Dumps)

48 minutes ago, Keenan said:

I'm planning on a development update post (hopefully this weekend) that will go over a high-level idea of what's to come, but I'd like to do a more informative road map once the team is settled down in March.

Great news, thanks a lot! 

This is really great news about the team expanding and such amazing videos! It is awesome and inspiring to see what people have come up with in different designs, lighting, etc. Thanks to each of you for your dedication and hard work! Banana kid high five to you all!

NPQJBbp.gif

• Like 2

Beautiful ❤️ each video was amazingly done, and congrats on the expanding team!

• Like 2

Thank you for those awesome videos, and the dumps!  Congrats to the new dev team members!

• Like 2

Welcome and welcome back. happy to see more devs on the team. I love the video and my 2 deeds are closing the video for Independence :D looks awesome from above!

• Like 2

Gratz Ostentatio and welcome back Budda!

Love the server flyovers and progression.

Looking forward to Keenan's news.

• Like 2

Based on these maps, I appear to be the only person on Xanadu farming hay.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ajala said:

Based on these maps, I appear to be the only person on Xanadu farming hay.

That's deceptive since it's relatively few tiles per deed. I count >25 places on Xanadu with hay.

1 minute ago, Batolemaeus said:

That's deceptive since it's relatively few tiles per deed. I count >25 places on Xanadu with hay.

Interesting. How did you count?

23 hours ago, Takaromie said:

Or even a visual for sheered sheep so I don't have to check each one would be nice

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Takaromie 🙂 As for the sheered sheep, you'll be happy to hear that this is something that Saroman and gang already implemented in recent years. So now when you shear a sheep, it becomes skinny until the wool grows back!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Karrde said:

Love the server flyovers and progression.

For the NFI server map dump progression parts of the NFI videos, all credit goes to Keenan who went to great lengths to put together hundreds if not thousands of map dump images to create those beautiful transitions. Since we couldn't do that for the SFI and epic servers (since the material just doesn't exist), I just used the whatever map dumps images we do have and put a transition effect in editing to show the progress, but they're not as cool as Keenan's video clips of course. 

Oh and someone mentioned the interesting stats. I took them off the MRTG stats pages you can find linked on each server page in Wurmpedia. (so for instance, to check the MRTG stats of Independence, you can see the link on the right side of the page under the map). Some of the stats are not working properly for some servers though, so thank you Darklords once again for your help in checking the correct ones!

• Like 4

I appreciate video creation is no quick task but I really hope they could be done on a regular basis as a showcase or spotlight of peoples work.

I think Wurm is lucky to have streamers who put out great content showcasing the creativity in the world, but I'd really like to see the official spotlight shine on peoples efforts more frequently.

If these videos were to come out as a regular spotlight, but maybe just one big compilation with a square from each PvE server. Or maybe if there was a regular forum topic featuring screenshots and some player submitted infomation on a "featured deed" I'm sure I'd keep checking back to see who has been featured this time. It also gives people recognition for putting their time and money into the game when an official video/post is saying "we see what you've done here"

Edited by HawkHawk
  • Like 1

I agree with Hawk, some form of deed showcase would be a really good boost for wurmians who want to just show their deed, big, small, or the shed! There are some really amazing sights out there on all the servers.

Its great that streamers visit but i think a more official "Wurm" take on this would really give a sense to all that the work, creativity and community can be shown and appreciated by all.

I have know idea on how long it takes to put a video toegther but i expect its not a quick process but maybe A Deed Showcase with the Valrei news could be done?

Interview the deed owner on the stream? History of the deed, how the design came about, citizens, decorations are just a few that spring to mind.

Im sure many a wurm would be willing to help.

• Like 2

The birds eyes views are lovely, and the server overview splash screens could be very helpful for newbies trying to select a server to settle on. Lovely to get a glimpse of Affliction again, gotta keep 🐳 opsec

6 hours ago, Ajala said:

Interesting. How did you count?

Open in Gimp, select by colour (they are bright yellow), zoom out and count distinct patches via eyeballs. The selection makes them stand out.

I briefly considered writing a short script to do it, but immediately recoiled in horror at what I was doing and counted manually…

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Josuhacalvert said:

I agree with Hawk, some form of deed showcase would be a really good boost for wurmians who want to just show their deed, big, small, or the shed! There are some really amazing sights out there on all the servers.

Its great that streamers visit but i think a more official "Wurm" take on this would really give a sense to all that the work, creativity and community can be shown and appreciated by all.

I have know idea on how long it takes to put a video toegther but i expect its not a quick process but maybe A Deed Showcase with the Valrei news could be done?

Interview the deed owner on the stream? History of the deed, how the design came about, citizens, decorations are just a few that spring to mind.

Im sure many a wurm would be willing to help.

Alternatively, offer the info to VEN streamers also, so if someone wants to showcase a deed live with the stats available they can, while a deed showcase is also done as a separate project when time allows. Appeals to both the live crowd and the folks who don't like livestream content, while also finally throwing a bone to the folks on VEN who I hear are a bit underutilized currently.

And speaking of VEN, why the bloody hell aren't you part of it at this point?

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 11:53 AM, HawkHawk said:

I appreciate video creation is no quick task but I really hope they could be done on a regular basis as a showcase or spotlight of peoples work.

On 2/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, Josuhacalvert said:

The team has actually had several discussions on different ways we can showcase players amazing creations more often. So watch this space! 🙂

12 hours ago, Madnath said:

And speaking of VEN, why the bloody hell aren't you part of it at this point?

The Valrei Entertainment network was Retro's "baby", so after he left, there hasn't actually been anyone to manage VEN or to manage applications etc . So for all of you out there who have sent applications in and never got a response - it's not because you are being ignored - it's quite simply because there hasn't been anyone to read them!

Obviously we want to keep VEN going and want to make it bigger and better, but we just need to find the right person to manage it first - someone who is not only active in the streaming world but understands it well to serve as a guide and mentor to the streamers. Keenan has been interviewing several people for this already, so the process is under way - but it just takes time.

Coming from my own personal point of view, I would very much like to see Josuha part of it as well! He absolutely belongs there IMHO! 

• Like 10

Welcome Back Budda!  Congratz Ostentatio.   A wonderful way to introduce the new map dumps.  the flyover montage work is beautifully articulated.  Always top tier work from Malena.  Keenen, like a mighty draft horse,  continues to haul a heavy work load.

• Like 2