Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A Beautiful World (2022 Map Dumps)

First: So no dumps of the hwy-systems again...
We got them once, we know they can be made, and still year after year we don't get them?
Is there a specific reason why we don't get hwy dumps?

Also: What is going on with the years in the videos? Says 2016 on Xanadu for example and was it 2015 on Deli?
Guessing it is the years there are map dumps from, but it can mislead players into thinking the servers are younger.
Edit: Grats Ostentatio and Grats and welcome back Budda!

Posting a link if anyone want to know the dates the servers were opened. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Server_types

Edited by Cecci
grats

5 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

These additions bring our full time developer team up to 5: Darklords, Bawat, Saroman, Ostentatio, and Budda.

YES YES YEEES!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761160f8996a89d4dabb91

• Like 2

now more people will come to play WOOD ..
wood.jpg

Happy my wood-areas were not featured ^^

Thanks for the map dumps, congrats Ostentatio and happy to have Budda back!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grotesque said:

Hey uh... You missed The Shroud on the Chaos server.  Tired of all this BL template hate.

Oops! Human error, not hate :-). The Shroud did get some sweet sweet lovin' at the end of the video as it was actually featured in the last portion of the video, but it looks like I had forgotten to add it to the map part. The video has been fixed and replaced now. 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Also: What is going on with the years in the videos? Says 2016 on Xanadu for example and was it 2015 on Deli?

Guessing it is the years there are map dumps from, but it can mislead players into thinking the servers are younger.

The top left of the server information page (like the Cadence one shared on the main post) on each server shows when it was founded as  well :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DADLER said:

with the timeless wurm sound track overlayed.

Is this an all electronically produced sound track or is it partially or all instrumental? (Hubby is overhearing it and likes the music, wanted to know)

4 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

I'd love for them to dig out some proper timeline of all the older deeds on the servers and do a little fly by like these videos over the long standing deeds on the servers. Would be nice to see some of the iconic, long lasting deeds on certain maps from these bird eye views. Just focusing on the Deli one as its my main server, the fly bys were all cool but majority of those are deeds just over a years old, would love to see a big bird eye view over places such as turtle lake, sun lake etc. Nice videos nonetheless. 

There are so many deeds out there that deserve to be put in the spotlight and it would be wonderful to showcase them in some way some day. I like the idea of showcasing the oldest deeds around, but that feels like that would actually deserve it's very own video or screenshot thread!

As for how these locations were chosen, it was not based on how old, how famous or how grand they were etc. It was simply a matter of flying around for hours looking for spots that a) were relatively nice looking areas without too much "bad terraforming" and more importantly b) Happened to have a cluster of deeds in a close proximity - large neighborhoods basically. This way, when circling the camera around I'd be able to include as many deed names as possible. Sometimes I would find really amazing deeds that were very impressive from a birds eye view, but then had nothing surrounding them but wilderness or abandoned deeds or else there was some really badly terraformed areas that made the game look weird.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LynD said:

Is this an all electronically produced sound track or is it partially or all instrumental? (Hubby is overhearing it and likes the music, wanted to know)

I don't know, but at least here is the fella who made the current Wurm soundtracks. 

https://www.tom-e-morrison.com/soundtracks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Great job on movies!

Why so foggy on Desertion? : )

Thanks Wilczan! The fog is for 2 reasons: 1) While filming any of the PvP servers one had to be super careful to not reveal any areas that might give indication of "life" so I tried to film areas that would not reveal people's secret deeds. In the case of Desertion it was actually pretty hard to find spots like that. So next best thing was to conceal the far distance with fog. 2) It gives a lot of "dangerous and mysterious" atmosphere, so it was fun to use for the PvP servers for that reason as well :). 

• Like 6

Aww thank very much you everyone for the lovely comments. I'm glad you've been enjoying the videos!

But can I just say how excited I am that Budda is back? Welcome back Budda! So excited to be able to work with you!

And of course, huge congratulations once again to Ostentatio on his promotion to full time! 

• Like 2

Those little videos are very nice but they could've really used higher resolution.

Also, am I crazy or is there hitching in the panning shots?

6 minutes ago, Batolemaeus said:

Those little videos are very nice but they could've really used higher resolution.

Also, am I crazy or is there hitching in the panning shots?

The resolution is 1080p which is still considered the standard. I would have liked to make them at 1440p (like the trailer was) but then we would have had issues with the zoomed in shots of the map dumps looking blurry. So the resolution had to be high enough to be acceptable, but low enough to avoid blurriness with the map dump images. 

And yes, the hitching/stuttering was driving me absolutely bonkers. Many different settings were tried to avoid it but nothing helped. It was actually an issue already back when working on the trailer, but the clips of the trailer are much shorter so it was easier to do multiple takes until I got one that didn't have stuttering. With these longer pans in these videos, no matter how many takes I did, there was always some stuttering and at the end of the day it was a choice of: a) Let's go ahead and make these videos anyhow, even though the footage stutters b) Or not make them at all. So I figured that you guys could still get some enjoyment out of them regardless of this flaw. :)

• Like 4

Thanks for map dumbs!! 👍

Grats Osentatio and welcome back Budda !!!!!!!!!

I honestly feel this game could blow games like Valheim, Runescape and other open world Mmos and even the newer ones out of the water with a few updates to bring it up to 2022 standards and the (15 years of suggestions I've read on the forums.) And I don't mean visuals.. the visuals are fine for me. Such as why deer seem rarer then unicorns.. maybe focus on creature spawn updates... more deer for more "hunting" creatures would be fun imo and editing the combat a little, or even making fishing an interactive thing. (I personally enjoy fighting the fish on games a bit.) Or even a visual for sheered sheep so I don't have to check each one would be nice XD I'm mostly meaning tiny things more than major as I'm already enjoying my time in wurm. I say this as I'm not a hardcore wurm player I am a casual player who's still a bit newbie with things, though I've played about five years ..and I got myself overly excited when you came to steam thinking there would be huge updates. I was very happy with the combat update though I still felt like  more could be done besides that and a donkey and the normal bug fixes... *HOWEVER.. I would like to point out I had no idea you were such a small team until I just read this. I thought this game was ran by a much larger team for as long as its been around.. shame on me for not looking into it. SO I will say that I am very pleased to see you are adding to your team and planning a roadmap. I love the amount of detail in this game and you can feel the sense of love that has been put into it.. so as a casual wurm player, I am looking forward to what is to come and wish you the best of luck! :)

Edited by Takaromie
  • Like 1

Amazing Work Malena! 

Can't wait to see the 15 Year Video

Good to see the Dev team expanding and also looking forward to an updated roadmap.

• Like 3

Welcome back, Budda! And about time, Ostentatio! So much yey! :D

• Like 2

Wow!! The videos are amazing! Fantastic job Malena!! It's so cool to see all the servers presented like this. They each have a unique character and it shows through in these videos. What a great idea and incredibly well done! 

Congrats to Ostentatio and welcome back Budda! Can't wait to see will come now with a bigger team. So excited for Wurm! ❤️

• Like 2

The news about the new developers are great (grats both), but what I loved most were the videos. Absolutely brilliant! :D

• Like 2

Nice job on the newsletter Demona, lovely work as always Malena! Big gratz to Ost and welcome back to Budda, always good having more hands on deck :)

• Like 2

uoeaVeQ.png

I had a tentative road map ready before the changes to the development team, but I held off on releasing it once I knew we had potential changes coming.

I'm planning on a development update post (hopefully this weekend) that will go over a high-level idea of what's to come, but I'd like to do a more informative road map once the team is settled down in March.

• Like 24