Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: A Beautiful World (2022 Map Dumps)

WurmForumDivider_Fancy_Top.pngVI_cover_PNG.png

Rockcliff Cathedral on Independence

Hello Wurmians, and welcome to another Valrei International! This one brings some news on the development team, as well as the unveiling of the 2022 map dumps. We’ve also got some beautiful video work done by Malena featuring each of our servers to release alongside the map dumps this year.

To start off, I’d like to make a few announcements about changes to our development team. I’d love to welcome Ostentatio to a new role as a full time developer! He has been helping out on a part time basis for awhile, but is now taking on the role fully and we expect lots of wonderful things to come. He is skilled in programming and feature design, and very helpful problem solver.

Another exciting change is that we are welcoming Budda back on board as a full time developer as well. Those of you who have played since before the Steam release may remember Budda and all of the hard work he has done to bring growth to the world of Wurm and shape it into the place it is today. 

These additions bring our full time developer team up to 5: Darklords, Bawat, Saroman, Ostentatio, and Budda. Having more full time hands on deck will help us squash bugs, release new content, and work on improving existing content more efficiently. With all of this growth to our development team, 2022 is shaping up to be an exciting year!

server_overview_cadence.png

Ever wanted a peek at another server you haven’t visited yet? You’re in luck! Malena has been hard at work making some beautiful videos featuring each and every one of our unique servers. I’m going to let Malena do the talking for this one:

WurmForumDivider_Fancy_Top.png

With 16 servers and 16 years of Wurmians digging, mining and transforming the lands, we wanted to do something extra special for this years release of the map dumps. In addition to the still images, we've also whipped up a little video for each and every server! They not only include map time lapses, but also interesting stats and a bird's eye view of random neighborhoods from said server. Our only regret is not being able to include all of the amazing deeds we discovered out there! For the PvP servers, we opted for more discreet clips instead to protect your top secret locations.

Here is a playlist of all the "Server overview" videos, for your viewing pleasure!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnsJ4WFja8LQv_6jTOhUJ782vi9AzoLju

PS: I know many of you are wondering when the 15-year history video will be released, but rest assured that it's actively being worked on and will be released once it's finished!

WurmForumDivider_Fancy_Bottom.png

And, finally, our map dumps for 2022! You can find all of the fresh map dumps here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/0B6J_aGQ6URL8UURFN2VadWxtSWs?resourcekey=0-DuurGPuGLSABmTTu7-999g

That’s all for this issue of the Valrei International! What a lovely start to the new year, it is amazing to see how much our lands have changed by the creative and hardworking hands of our community. 

• Like 52

woohoo :)

welcome Ostentatio & welcome back  Budda 

Big ty for mapdumps ;)

• Like 2

Hey uh... You missed The Shroud on the Chaos server.  Tired of all this BL template hate.

• Like 1

Just now, Grotesque said:

Hey uh... You missed The Shroud on the Chaos server.  Tired of all this BL template hate.

No hate from me :P I'm a Libby lover and HOTS girl all the way ❤️

2 minutes ago, Madnath said:

So about that uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Roadmap?

Was expecting something about this as well, after waiting all this time. There really isn't any news here at all (about updates)?

Edited by Rocklobster
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Keenan will be releasing that, not me.

I figured, just thought I'd ask since there's been nothing said about it for a while now.

On a more positive note, amazing videos, really nice to see some real artistry go into Wurm videos now and using tools to make them the best they can look in the ingame world to boot. A lot of care and detail into each one. Excited to see what the anniversary videos look like if this is the quality to expect.

• Like 4

Glad to see NFI dumps, and the videos are absolutely incredible! 

Budda back? Jackal? 

Excited to see an updated roadmap soon, really couldn't come quick enough..

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Keenan will be releasing that, not me.

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully something is mentioned soon.

Loved the video of my home server Exodus, interesting stats and even got to see my deed as a marble blur in the distance (i like marble!).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rocklobster said:

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully something is mentioned soon.

Loved the video of my home server Exodus, interesting stats and even got to see my deed as a marble blur in the distance (i like marble!).

My deed wasn't even close by during the Bird's Eye Views in the video for Independence, but many of my alliancemate's deeds were :) 

Yes! MAP DUUUMPS!! 

Congrats to all the full time Devs. Here's looking forward to amazing things!

• Like 3

Amazing videos Malena, these should get some marketing support I'm sure they can attract new players to Wurm.

Also great news having Ostentatio on full time and Budda back - kangaroos soon?

Map dumps are always welcome :P

• Like 3

this ruins the fun to explore for deeds on pvp... -_-

i wouldnt have an issue if it was PvE only... but adding PvP server dumps and showing where every deed is no fun :( 
might be the only person to think this way... but i dont rlly like showing pvp server dumps...

Edited by Shinso

Holy cats, this is amazing!  What remarkable way to showcase 16 years (gasp!) of this living, breathing world.

Thank you for the map dumps, a hearty welcome back to Budda, and a sincere congrats to Ostentatio. Very excited to see what 2022 brings with this lineup.

• Like 3

I'd love for them to dig out some proper timeline of all the older deeds on the servers and do a little fly by like these videos over the long standing deeds on the servers. Would be nice to see some of the iconic, long lasting deeds on certain maps from these bird eye views. Just focusing on the Deli one as its my main server, the fly bys were all cool but majority of those are deeds just over a years old, would love to see a big bird eye view over places such as turtle lake, sun lake etc. Nice videos nonetheless. 

Excellent work, I really enjoyed the videos with the timeless wurm sound track overlayed.  If I ever re-marry I will have the wurm soundtrack played at my wedding.

• Like 2

Ah lovely release and harvestmoon/tiki.  Really fantastic videos.  Thank you for making them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zexos said:

Ah lovely release and harvestmoon/tiki.  Really fantastic videos.  Thank you for making them.

Even my house looks pretty if you get far enough away!  Release seems to have "clusters" of villages (I don't know if they are all alliances like around Harvestmoon Lagoon).   This reminds me, I never did climb to the pinnacle above Eagles Nest.

I have not looked at the others yet but the Release video is beautiful!  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Another exciting change is that we are welcoming Budda back on board as a full time developer as well. Those of you who have played since before the Steam release may remember Budda and all of the hard work he has done to bring growth to the world of Wurm and shape it into the place it is today. 

Ew, not that guy, he forced me to move 

• Like 1

[stands and applauds]  Outstanding! Best map dumps ever :) Those videos are awesome, just so well done Kats!! The map dumps are always nice, but a 40% increase in full-time devs!?!? That's huge and very welcome news. Congrats Ostentatio and welcome back Budda. Looking forward to see what's coming for this awesome game. Thanks to the whole team. Nice job

• Like 3