Sign in to follow this  
wsrich

Water tile orb/rod

So i love how you can find water tiles with a pendulum, but i cannot place my fountain on the tile that is water due to my building layout as it would take up space that i need for other buildings. 

I would pay.. for a orb or rod or whatever you guys wanna call it to make a specific tile "Water" so i can place a fountain down, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. 

Some good suggestions from people here saying it should be a meditation path ability or a priest spell of some sorts  i think either way trader / cast / or ability would make a great difference to the game and players would appreciate being able to place there water source where they feel fit.  

Please can this be implemented  :) 

Thank you 

Edited by wsrich
  • Like 22

Fantastic Idea! I have a courtyard with an off-centre fountain as the water tile is in the "wrong place"

• Like 1

Yes yes yes that's all I can say.

+1

• Like 1

+1 for sure, down with off centered fountains/wells!

After discussing with players in Freedom chat, we thought it might be a good idea to implement it as a meditation Path ability, similar to Enchant in Path of Love,  in addition to it being purchaseable for silvers/marks, perhaps Path of Knowledge (since the path tile is near water and to give this path a more useful ability earlier)

Edited by Baeowulf
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Baeowulf said:

+1 for sure, down with off centered fountains/wells!

After discussing with players in Freedom chat, we thought it might be a good idea to implement it as a meditation Path ability, similar to Enchant in Path of Love,  in addition to it being purchaseable for silvers/marks, perhaps Path of Knowledge (since the path tile is near water and to give this path a more useful ability earlier)

That's a good idea. I would be happy either way.

Could also be a spell for a priest maybe so there is a few suggestions on the table on how implementation can work 

Edited by wsrich
  • Like 1

A great idea is one that leaves you thinking, either, I wish I'd thought of that, or, of course, that makes perfect sense.

This is a great idea.

If a player is happy to spend a little silver for the privilege, they ought to be able to site a well or fountain wherever they want. It won't break the game balance, it can't be used for griefing, it's hard to see how it could harm PvP, and the development cost ought to be very low indeed.

• Like 3

I have my nearest water tile in the middle of bridge that is over 4000 slope above the ground, and it works! I just drop fountain on bridge to fill it.

So would be nice to add a posibility to create water tiles, couse this is always a struggle when area isn't just big flat place.

+1

• Like 1

This would be a huge quality of life thing! Then I don’t have to keep running out of my smithy or cluttering it with huge oil barrels of water. 

• Like 3

I could imagine that such an orb or wand would move any water tile in, say 5 or so tiles distance to that place, else create a new one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bakhita said:

This would be a huge quality of life thing! Then I don’t have to keep running out of my smithy or cluttering it with huge oil barrels of water. 

THIS X 1000!!!

• Like 1

This would be an amazing quality of life improvement, as others have said as well.

We are able to create resource tiles (peat/clay/tar) as well as ore veins already; why not water tiles :( 

• Like 1

+ 1 that is an item I would buy.

See the $$ Wurm.  ;)

• Like 1

I see income potential along with a great idea. I know I would buy several "Dowsing rods" or "Wellspring orbs" or "Aquifer stones" whatever you want to call them.  Silver shop people please consider this - this item actually WOULD sell and players would love being able to create water source tiles where they're wanted!