Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Highest structure in wurm (altitude)

Just curious if anyone knows what the highest structure in wurm is (altitude). Is there an eventual height limit in wurm?

Gotta be anything atop the dragons tooth on indy surely? if memory serves it was visable from much of independence 

I think Independence is a good place to start if you was looking for it, but I don't know I havn't really explored all the servers.

Would be cool if it was possible wth the dioptra to get a message saying "you think you are x amount of dirt above sea level"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HawkHawk said:

Would be cool if it was possible wth the dioptra to get a message saying "you think you are x amount of dirt above sea level"

Thats a great idea! Post that in suggestions!

I'd suggest checking Dragon's Tooth mountain on Independance.  It at least used to be (if not still is) the highest peak in the game.

Players have tried creating a network of paths and climbing points to get up there over the years, and some structures might still exist along the way if not on the peak.

Hated climbing that mountain for personal goals. Doesn't help I'm afraid of heights. lol

12 hours ago, HawkHawk said:

adding a second option to the right click to check height above sea would be great, without the need for a long text RP wait

13 hours ago, HawkHawk said:

This is in fact a great suggestion!  Although I may be biased because I agree and then some :)

• Like 2

Quite a lot of the mountains on Xanadu are completely flat at the top because they've hit the maximum height for landmass generating. That means that anyone who has a maximum height building on one of those has one of the highest structures in Wurm.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

Quite a lot of the mountains on Xanadu are completely flat at the top because they've hit the maximum height for landmass generating. That means that anyone who has a maximum height building on one of those has one of the highest structures in Wurm.

So it should still be possible to create enormous dirt-pillars on top of those and then build on top of that? Not familiar with the topology of Xanadu myself, but would all those be taller than Dragon Fang Mountain on Indy?

On 2/16/2022 at 3:52 PM, Tristanc said:

I'd suggest checking Dragon's Tooth mountain on Independance.  It at least used to be (if not still is) the highest peak in the game.

Players have tried creating a network of paths and climbing points to get up there over the years, and some structures might still exist along the way if not on the peak.

This is still on my to-do list; is there a way to climb it to the top by means of cave tunnels?

10 minutes ago, Rishy said:

This is still on my to-do list; is there a way to climb it to the top by means of cave tunnel

My understanding is that the cave tunnels go part of the way up, but not to the top.  I've never been to the peak myself, so maybe one of the constructors can add the details here.

I know reaching the top of Dragon's Tooth is considered a Wurm Online achievement!

There is a camp some way up the mountain, but you have to climb the rest yourself. There are cave openings to help you, but it's still quite the climb.

I would guess the lofty deed in the center of Desertion on Epic.  Pretty astounding.

Yeah i think the competition is between beardyman's place on desertion and that indy deed. A dioptra i think can reveal height? 

Would need to make some measures but I believe my highest place is something like 4,3k above the ground + height of the building. Also ground is probably over 3k above the water level.

So it would be more than 7k above the water level, assuming that ground is really above 3k.

Dragon fang is higher than the desertion teraforming event as to finish the old achievements was impossible without going to freedom. The only time I recall seeing a structure up there on the peak of dragon fang was when Ged had it deeded with the dragon and there was a 1x1x1 wooden house. May not be relevant but could certainly fly higher with a GM account also.

For reference the achievement at the top "On the Way to the Moon" is 21800 height

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 3

Last time I was uptop of dragon fang was for personal goals. Forget the exact time; however, pretty sure it was a year or so before the personal goals were removed.

At the time the middle section of the mountain was well developed with smooth roads and rest stops. Afterwards the 3/4ths section was fairly rough trail.

The last leg was a long climb with some tunnel entrance and fence rest stops. One still needed to have wine and old-cooking-system sandwiches to make it.

Iirc the top was deeded still.

Ive largely avoided Xanadu, initially for the infamous lag and later for having little need to traverse the difficult terrain. Unfortunately cannot comment on the topography.

Edited by Karrde

If I've calculated correctly, I believe my deed on Xanadu is roughly 6300 slope above water level. I haven't build my church yet, but that would be higher, maybe 6.8k or so.

Here's some old pictures of its construction :) 

https://imgur.com/gallery/FgLBt

More progress has been made, although it's not quite done yet. :D 

On 2/18/2022 at 3:56 PM, elentari said:

Yeah i think the competition is between beardyman's place on desertion and that indy deed. A dioptra i think can reveal height? 

I believe using a fishing pole inside a boat will tell you the depth in meters. Just multiply this by 10 for slope.

Edited by Xallo

Just a footnote for @Karrdeand other old-time climbers:

The 'old-cooking-system sandwiches' can still be made, and as linked here in the wurmpedia, known as the Endurance sandwich .

Just a usual piece of info for those players wishing to climb to peaks to find if there's a structure there!