Sign in to follow this  
MarquisDeCarabas

Soap - an alternative to standing on enchanted grass for players

I have to confess first that I am not that much of a fan of most magic and spell  uses/mechanisms in RPG-like games and try to do with as little as possible.

Same in Wurm, so today I've thought about a curing disease method for players similar to standing on enchanted grass.

How about making soap from animal fat and lye and using that together with water to create a similar effect?

I think that could be a useful addition to players who refrain from most magic use or simply didnt go the Path of Love route.

What do you think?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Maiya said:

yes please :) 

and we can get clean too .)

Well, maybe you could add rose or other flower petals to the water to make scented soap for smelling nice too?

😉

• Like 2

I love the idea of soap! It came up in another suggestion recently and I added some ideas for how it could work, including adding herbs to make scented soaps. Here's a link to that comment:

I hope they consider this, it would be a really nice addition to the game!

• Like 3

Yeah, soap has been suggested a few times, and Wurm already has the raw materials in-game; fat, ash, lye, roses, dyes; we have cauldrons, buckets, tubs ; we even have presses to make nice squared-off blocks.

In addition:  water + lye should make a "cleansing wash" or whatever you want to call it - it is basically a disinfectant.