Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 14-Feb-2022

• Bugfix: It is no longer possible outside founding a pmk to convert a village from 1 kingdom to another on pvp servers.
  • New: Added a new title for 100 skill in Large Mauls. Congrats Subie!
  • New: 2022 Valentine Gift

From now until the 20th of February, premium players will receive a Valentine’s gift on log in!

valentines_jpeg-1024x576.jpg
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix: It is no longer possible outside founding a pmk to convert a village from 1 kingdom to another on pvp servers.

How is a changed mechanic a bugfix? 

• Like 3

So this is the second time you changed the rules and called it a bugfix.. how are we supposed to know what we can and can not do?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

So this is the second time you changed the rules and called it a bugfix.. how are we supposed to know what we can and can not do?

You can raise this argument over several things in the past. But this one is a nobrainer dude.

Looks like you are just throwing ###### for sake of throwing ######.

Edited by Sn00
spelling
  • Like 3

How is it a nobrainer?

It have been in the game forever!

Last time we fliped a deed that way we even had ENki himself there helping with dropping towers in between becaus it didn't work to set the new deed as capital.

So if the HEAD GAMEMASTER found it legit, how come it isn't now?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

Even I who never played pvp knew since like forever that expaning territory on pvp is done by towerchaining. It is expanding, not creating islands of territory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Even I who never played pvp knew since like forever that expaning territory on pvp is done by towerchaining. It is expanding, not creating islands of territory.

Thing is, there is allready a mechanic in the game that makes unlionked deeds take 3x more bash damage, no guard spawns, so unless there is a certain reason to acualy have a unlinked deed you generaly don't wanna do that anyway when there is penaltys in the game for that. 
So it have been upp to the kingdoms themselfs to deside if the want that penalty or not in the past.

As i said, it have been done so many times allready, and just now they decides to swap the rules about it.

34 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: It is no longer possible outside founding a pmk to convert a village from 1 kingdom to another on pvp servers.

Could we get some explanation on when it was decided that this was a bug? To my knowledge this has been used extensively in the past, and it was assumed to be an intended feature by many.

In the instances prior to Prawn's removal of two deeds on Chaos the other day, it has never been rectified.

I'm happy this is finally being classified as a bug, but it's quite a few years late.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

How is it a nobrainer?

It have been in the game forever!

Last time we fliped a deed that way we even had ENki himself there helping with dropping towers in between becaus it didn't work to set the new deed as capital.

So if the HEAD GAMEMASTER found it legit, how come it isn't now?

Are you saying Enki spawned permanent towers for you? I really does hope that's not the case.

6 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Could we get some explanation on when it was decided that this was a bug? To my knowledge this has been used extensively in the past, and it was assumed to be an intended feature by many.

In the instances prior to Prawn's removal of two deeds on Chaos the other day, it has never been rectified.

I'm happy this is finally being classified as a bug, but it's quite a few years late.

I am with you in it should have been classified as a bug, but we could attleast have been given a warning that we shouldn't do it before they disband deeds and ban players.

Edited by Tedzogh

3 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

Are you saying Enki spawned permanent towers for you? I really does hope that's not the case.

Not permanen, but untill the capital bug was fixed, still don't change the fact that he deamed it a legit swap of the deed.

Grats Subie!

[16:55:51] Bjarne wiggles with joy! - Thanks :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tedzogh said:

Not permanen, but untill the capital bug was fixed, still don't change the fact that he deamed it a legit swap of the deed.

If he created permanent towers, that in of itself would be a large issue.
I actually didn't know that enki was helping you fix that issue, I also agree that the rules regarding these things needs to be clear.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:37 AM, Xallo said:

We decided it was a bug when multiple kingdoms started using it to completely bypass tower chaining mechanics. It may have happened in the past I apologize we only now cracked down on it but we will be keeping a closer eye on pvp related stuff going forward and working to fix them much quicker before it gets to this point.

10 hours ago, Sn00 said:

If he created permanent towers, that in of itself would be a large issue.
I actually didn't know that enki was helping you fix that issue, I also agree that the rules regarding these things needs to be clear.

I believe in that case(if I am recalling the right one) it was a matter of bugged influence and both deeds where just about next to each other if I recall and it was right after they founded the pmk. We where trying to resolve the issue without having to place a raid ban on the server because they could not build new towers after founding the pmk. If this was referring to a different incident let me know tho we had a few influence issues recently that cased some issue with kingdoms expanding.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:35 AM, Tedzogh said:

Thing is, there is allready a mechanic in the game that makes unlionked deeds take 3x more bash damage, no guard spawns, so unless there is a certain reason to acualy have a unlinked deed you generaly don't wanna do that anyway when there is penaltys in the game for that. 
So it have been upp to the kingdoms themselfs to deside if the want that penalty or not in the past.

As i said, it have been done so many times allready, and just now they decides to swap the rules about it.

It became an issue when people started using the freedom kingdom to convert deeds where every they wanted. The intention of freedom placing a deed anywhere(bypassing tower chaining) is to allow new pmks to form without being limited to doing it near existing kingdoms not to allow existing pmks to deed anywhere without chaining towers by converting freedom deeds to their kingdom.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Darklords said:

We decided it was a bug when multiple kingdoms started using it to completely bypass tower chaining mechanics. It may have happened in the past I apologize we only now cracked down on it but we will be keeping a closer eye on pvp related stuff going forward and working to fix them much quicker before it gets to this point.

The problem is no one knew it wasn't intended. How is it fair for people to get banned for bug abuse from a bug they didn't know existed? I understand it is now a known bug and against the rules but before this patch notes it was simply a mechanic. Just saying this ban first ask questions later is getting rather old. 

• Like 4

On 2/14/2022 at 8:00 AM, DevBlog said:

From now until the 20th of February, premium players will receive a Valentine’s gift on log in!

Could this be made more clear on future updates that until the 20th (or whatever date) doesn't include the 20th, and also a time? It's still the 19th in my time zone, and the Valentine's gift is no longer active upon logging in. 😐

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Xallo said:

Could this be made more clear on future updates that until the 20th (or whatever date) doesn't include the 20th, and also a time? It's still the 19th in my time zone, and the Valentine's gift is no longer active upon logging in. 😐

Almost all events are based on server time (/servertime). I also intended to grab a few more tonight but forgot the timezone difference.

25 minutes ago, fencejumper said:

Almost all events are based on server time (/servertime). I also intended to grab a few more tonight but forgot the timezone difference.

That makes sense, but I would gander that quite a few people may not realize that, nor even know what the server time is. If that's the case, it should be made more clear.

Previous updates / special events have included a time, but it seems this one wasn't listed, hence the confusion on the "until the 20th". Here's an example of one during Christmas which listed the times it would be active: 

On 12/23/2020 at 6:37 AM, DevBlog said:
This gift won’t stay around forever, available from 3 pm server time on the 23rd until 12pm on the 31st of December!

Being consistent on that would be great and very helpful moving forward. :) 

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

This is a globally marketed game and it is long past time that announcements around specific times should be based on UTC, or at the very least should include the UTC+/- of the server time every time.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xallo said:

+1 to that... was away for a week (cause the 14th is my birthday and I took some time off not being around any gaming PCs) and thought "ok nice just gona grab it sunday morning quick when I get back" and nope, no chance... and that with 2 years of premium time on 4 chars.

People with premium time during the event should be able to get such simple gift things and not have to work their RL schedules around these things. 😕

Now I have to spend money again to buy it of someone else...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Milkdrop said:

People with premium time during the event should be able to get such simple gift things and not have to work their RL schedules around these things. 😕

I wonder if it would be a better business model to automatically spawn the items in a premium character's inventory once the event starts, instead of forcing them to log in when they may not be around for the duration of the holiday / event. :D 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Xallo said:

I wonder if it would be a better business model to automatically spawn the items in a premium character's inventory once the event starts, instead of forcing them to log in when they may not be around for the duration of the holiday / event. :D 

yea.. I mean the stat we all go by (unless I am misstaken) is premium accounts.

If daily/weekly/etc. logins count for them as well (yeeey Steam stats.... tho I do not count towards those) then it may be their goal to push those with that, but the system was as is already in before Steam so...

I don't know.

But I paid premium and got zero because I had a weekend to weekend RL thing going... should at least have such gift login things going for 2-3 weeks, no harm in that.

This is not one of those "kill mobs to get stuff" events where the timeframe would actually matter (and even those ran for multiple weeks).

Why this simple login gift thing was on for such a short timeframe escapes me completly. 😕

Some QoL on that front would be nice.

Edited by Milkdrop
typo

Sign in to follow this