Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Player Made Kingdom Graphics Gallery

why cant  the 621 pve members putting cash in this game should. Are have the right to try or is it the 25 members on pvp keeping wurm going because they can design a wagon?

Or maybe it's that it's part of the appeal of forming a pmk where you have to work together for a common cause as opposed to every man for themselves in pve. 

Additionally, stupid pmks for wagon sales is a new thing that needs to be curbed, not what's always been there. 

The cost of funding and maintaining a pmk is always a massive undertaking too, with the need to keep many deeds funded, premium, armour, trader items etc. 

It's not just a cash cow. 

• Like 2

So you still think its right someone can build a wagon in 10mins and milk pve out of there coin you cant see nothing wrong with that Arch ?

2 hours ago, Archaed said:

Frankly, given the few examples we have here, I don't trust anyone within pve to have the design skills or taste to create a good wagon.

🤭

PVP and PVE are two different types of gameplay which attract different types of mind set people.

I can imagine after open to PVE, loads of kawaii dogs and cute cats with innocence eyes designs looking at u and write please stay away from PVP and build together on PVE on the flags, banners, wagons, tents and tabards. A totally different vibes. 

On PVP u can raid them repeatedly or even destroy the kingdom? And burn their wagon in lava and put the PMK items into trash heap. U can maintain ur own PMK design spread over the PVP server.

While if its open to PVE, people just need to stare the innocence eyes through the entire life time because the deed upkeep is 100 years+. Imagine the PMK wagon design its an innocence teddy bear but a bigger one in 2D.

🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸

2022/Feb/14th-20th. Happy teddy bear days. 😶😏

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerclaw said:

So you still think its right someone can build a wagon in 10mins and milk pve out of there coin you cant see nothing wrong with that Arch ?

Yep. 

Bear in mind, current prices are due to inflation stemming from RMT being removed. Previously wagons were closer to 10s. The later ones we see currently in auction and such are the result of the PMK's operating in artificial scarcity in order to hike the prices up. That's a different story and the fault in those lies with the PMK's, not the PvP vs PvE system. 

Edited by Archaed

5 hours ago, Tigerclaw said:

What you think i should isnt that hard to work out is it ? sell a fuky wagon for 50s if you want coin. TheTrickster

Sorry if I offended.  I really was just playing - but it is a bit of a reflex when I see an exaggeration to absolutism.  Essentially if a single PvP player bought something for in-game silver, even once, ever, then the claim is falsified.  I was playing with that notion.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:08 AM, Archaed said:

Why are the axes backwards on the HLL wagon? Does their weaponsmith need help? 

Because if you use your eyeballs and brains, the weapons are clearly swinging to the side. This is how such weapons were used historically on horse back in medieval times. 

There is zero reason to be rude like that though. Absolutely zero. 

Edited by belacane
  • Like 3

This isn't the place to argue about whether PvE should get to build custom-graphics wagons - you can make a suggestion if you wish, or bump one of the existing ones that suggest exactly that.

I will point out that the ability to create custom wagon and flag graphics has been something reserved for PvP for some time, and that's probably not going to change anytime soon - Demona already gave some insight into how it would require changes in some key systems baked into how Wurm works.  Adding player-made graphics also requires a degree of staff involvement and work, and not just for the filtering of obviously unsuitable graphics.  I'm not saying that we'll never have some way to get your own custom things into the game, just that doing so is decidedly non-trivial, and it's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Please take further discussion on this topic to another thread.

Pandalet (LFM)

• Like 3

Demona, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to do this.  

• Like 5

Just now, Spacy said:

Demona, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to do this.  

You're welcome! It was actually really fun :) I love seeing all the artwork people have come up with over the years, and I thought others might like to as well!

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 4:08 AM, Archaed said:

Why are the axes backwards on the HLL wagon? There's absolutely zero reason for this and it is not in any way historically accurate. 

Cavalry would only draw weapons in a direct charge, and would not have the time nor the dexterity to reposition a weapon on the charge. 

There's also no evidence of Nordic Vikings ever using cavalry to any major extent, horses were used for moving and carrying equipment, but Viking fighting was almost entirely foot, where their use of large shields locked could provide significant cover and barriers as they advanced. 

Additionally, if this were to display a more "convoy" like approach, and wanted the weapons out, it would have been better to have the horses moving at a slower gait and the weapons rested on shoulders, instead of being waved about. 

I hope this clears up any misconceived criticism or mockery, as my only complaint is the inaccuracy of the artwork. 

I hear it's being rectified though, so that's good to hear, the rest of the kingdom pieces look amazing. 

Please do not pretend to want to know something that you think you have the answer to.  Dragon Scale armor is not historically accurate.  Since when did we hold artists to historic accuracy? What I did was make art.  I stated my reasons for why I did the art the way I did, and I stand by those. Some folks like it, some don't.  What is being 'rectified' is the fact that I submitted at the dpi suggested, which is lower than the other pmk art, so that is being changed so that the art is more crisp. Because the HLL Kingdom is being targeted because of a few people who are fixated on three weapons on one of the 6 kingdom items, I might also change that design so that HLL no longer has to deal with this ludicrous conversation. 
Demonianightshade, I think it is awesome that you took the time to make this post, and I am sorry this inane discussion of how I drew three weapons has reached even here. I think all the PMK art is beautiful and love that you took the time to show it all to us in one place.  

• Like 8

16 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

You're welcome! It was actually really fun :) I love seeing all the artwork people have come up with over the years, and I thought others might like to as well!

Can we get an updated version with the Cheese flag? We gotta rep the best looking gear since Macedon

Felinas in game, did all of the designs for Macedon and I was absolutely blown away when he sent them our way.  I miss having it on NFI but yeah the screen shot was a fun throw back.  Thanks Demona

Edited by KarlFranz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, KarlFranz said:

Felinas in game, did all of the designs for Macedon and I was absolutely blown away when he sent them our way.  I miss having it on NFI but yeah the screen shot was a fun throw back.  Thanks Demona

He also made the Empire of Mol Rehan design. Epicphail - Felinas.
Absolutely amazing designs.

• Like 1

I still think PMK anything should’ve 100% remained on the PvP servers and stayed exclusive to it. Just my two cent on that. People don’t realize how much work goes into creating a PMK and building a kingdom from literally the ground up. But hey what do I know!

• Like 2

Freedom design could really use a makeover :)

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:27 AM, Nirav said:

What is being 'rectified' is the fact that I submitted at the dpi suggested, which is lower than the other pmk art, so that is being changed so that the art is more crisp.

I also submitted DD's art at the suggested DPI, something I've hated for a long time. I'd love the chance to update with higher DPI! I had no idea. :S

Saroman, we need to talk...

Edited by Fearil
briefer quote
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:12 AM, Wurmhole said:

Don't I deserve special considerations to make all my wurm costs easier to handle too? 

No not really you choose to make your wurm experience that costly on a otherwise safe server.

On 2/15/2022 at 6:29 PM, Tigerclaw said:

takes 50s for them to put in there pvp deeds and don't put a coin back in to wurm sad if you ask me..

You know that the money that is made from selling pmk gear goes towards kingdom projects right? Things like buying up 200-300k dirt or 80k steel or logs or dozens of horses or multiple armor sets and so on.

Just recently kj decided to expand their outer wall and ended up buying up well over 500k of dirt from various places(I should know i provided 2 knarr's full myself and that didnt make a dent) and a lot of it was brought from players and before you say "oh this happens rarely" no not really a lot of the bulk orders tend to be coming from chaos be it bulk items or multiple sets of gear and that money? quite a bit of it comes from pmk gear or out of pocket from players who chip in deed upkeep is on purpose kept at 2 months or less incase of a drain or even less then a month if its a outpost deed and mayors/kings do not sit around on multiple gold coins.

What money is made is often spend within days again meanwhile i know of plenty of people on freedom with multi year upkeep's and 10g+ in their bank yet they yell the loudest about unfair market prices and so forth these were also the people who exploited traders and any newb of money that they can make.

Kingdoms cycle more money on average then most players do in their life times in just a month or 2-3 and generally speaking do not sit on a lot of money in the bank.

• Like 1